OK! What about best TR color combo?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

OK! What about best TR color combo??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 512tr, Apr 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    So is mine.
    William has impecable taste.

2. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Did Glen from PA used to live in WA? There was a Glen out here with a Yellow TR. That would be a strange coincidence...

And I'm partial to blk/blk, red/tan, and the metallic sky blue/blk combos for TRs. I went with traditional red/tan for my 512TR.

3. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very keen on Slag's combo but black/black with a fresh Tubi peeking through is awesome, too. Followed one like that in the Eastern Suburbs in Sydney...

Can't wait to see the blu chiaro/crema "time warp" car Jerry has just got....

Cheers
    Kevin

4. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    #29 Grigio 512TR, Apr 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    #30 The Mad Hatter, Apr 8, 2004
    I love the black and tan look...which is why I purchased this guy...and as soon as Boston SportsCar knocks out my tuneup she is coming to the People's Republic of Maryland ;-) Ironically, I like the black and tan Doberman over the red one too...coicedence??? ;-)

Cheers,
    Travis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Red/Black
    Black/Black
    Red/Tan

In that order...
    :)

7. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Come on now, it has to be red and any combo.
    Red/tan
    Red/black
    Red/...

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That is one of the most STUNNING Ferrari's I have ever seen!! Very nice color combo and the interior looks awesome with the dark brown contrasts.

9. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    #34 bubba, Apr 8, 2004
  10. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    blk/creme. What are those funny seatbelts inside TRs?

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    That Grigio is stunning and rare. My personal fave , FWIW, is Black/Tan, tho'.

12. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

Believe it or not they had automatic seatbelt tensioners that when you closed the door it would automatically "buckle" you in as it slid upwards towards the back of your head so to speak. Several U.S cars had them for a few years back in the early 90's, needles to say they were very annoying.

13. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Yes, those are a pain. I frequently forget to latch the bottom belt with those systems. I'm glad they stopped making them that way.

I don't belive I've seen a BAD color combo on a TR, ever. I prefer the early cars blue or silver with a white or tan interior and the 512TR's in red or black with black or tan interior... but they all look excellent to me! :) Great photo's everyone, thanks for sharing them.

One question, did they make a red interior on a TR? I'm not sure it would look good on this model, I'm just curious. It goes well with silver exteriors on many cars, IMO, especually vintage cars.

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    There was an 800 mile TR that was blue with red interior sold by Naples Motorsports in Florida a few months back. It was a little too over the top for my tastes. The seller of my blue TR said his buddy saw the red interior one and it was really tough on the eyes in person.

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Those 5 spoke wheels on the newer TR's just bring that car into the modern times! Amazing what a set of newer design wheels will do!

16. bluekawala

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

Blue over red, hum... different I suppose. :)

I've read in Forza that a repaint on TR's can really effect resale and if possible should be avoided. Is there a spacific reason why its worse on this model then many others, or is it just that with all the nooks and crannies from the side grills that it can be tough to get right? Thanks in advance.

17. Blue S2

Blue S2 Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #42 Blue S2, Apr 8, 2004
  18. bluekawala

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Wow, looking at the pics its better then I'd imagined. That blue is jaw dropping on TR's! Probably fetch more down the road then your 'normal' TR for being a unique combo.

I hear Naples is quite a place for cars and homes. My parents went there and told me they saw Bentleys, Lambos, and Ferraris everyday. My kind of place! ;)

19. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  20. nickdtm

nickdtm Rookie

Mar 21, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I'm a big fan of white/red and white/white (as pimp-tastic as it may seem) TR's. Blue Sera/Red and Blue Sera/Creme are also very cool.