Ok who's the Uboat Commander? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ok who's the Uboat Commander?

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by SAFE4NOW, Nov 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Wonder if the genius that drove it into the lake will sue the towing company for damage in recovery? Dang, those cars may be fast but they sure are ugly....

2. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    I bet this guy was having trouble selling and decided to ditch it for the insurance money..LOl....

I here it was for sale....

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    With the rear wing raised in the video, don't need to be at certain speed in order to do that?

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    No problem. Threads merged.

5. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Didn`t anyone notice how they towed this thing out, I would have been loosing my mind, who are these clowns.....wow......straight chains to the tires and rims scratching the back end of the car, to painful to watch.

6. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
    #56 Bill_OBrien, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In this Wednesday, Nov. 11, 2009, photo, wrecker driver Gilbert Harrison, with MCH Towing, attaches a towing cable to a Bugatti Veyron that was driven into the water near Omega Bay in La Marque, Texas. A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone after veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhj4z1iU2QY
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    If he'd have accelerated hard enough, could he not have skimmed it across the water like a flat stone?.

Must have been worth a try, surely?.

8. Otter

Otter Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Franklin,NC
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ""pelican 1 to pelican 2 do you read me" "roger pel 1 check 6, target in site" " got it pel 2 I'm goin in " "wait pel 1, is it a F-car" "negative pel 2 its a BV " "OK pel 1, hit that!!!!" "Roger I'm goin for the swoop de le lagoon, " OMG pel 1 , nice swoop, meet you back at the dock for a couple bait scraps, roger and out!!!

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    If you've never been to Galveston, you would want to take a bb gun to every pelican that annoyed the crap out of you.

I like this persons reply:

"He was talking on his cell phone? — My, that was one expensive phone call!"

10. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    +1

When I went to Bondurant there was actually an exercise that proves this. They had us swerve around an obstacle first and then threshold brake while heading towards it the next time around. Braking was a much better option, it wasn't even close.

11. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #61 Bimmerista, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Salt water....that's not good.

13. breitlingherst

breitlingherst Karting

Aug 21, 2007
    quite a video. cant they drain the car and put it back together again? Sure it will have a 'flood title' but it is still Veyron!!!

14. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah, like that's the worst of his problems:)
    I can't count the number of times I've driven my Bugatti into a lake saying "at least its not salt water".

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    LOL, the engine probably needs a rebuild since it stopped running after 15 minutes in the water. I think the least of his worries (if he has any car wise...) are a couple of scratches and wheel replacements (rims need replacing every 7500K at the cost of +- us$45000).

16. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    The assembly line is still running, it is not like the thing is irreplaceable. Bring the right sized check and Volkswagen will build as many as you wish.

17. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    How would you get a car out of the drink?

18. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
    LA MARQUE, Texas - A man blamed a low-flying pelican and a dropped cell phone for his veering his million-dollar sports car off a road and into a salt marsh near Galveston.

The accident happened about 3 p.m. Wednesday on the frontage road of Interstate 45 northbound in La Marque, about 35 miles southeast of Houston.

The Lufkin, Texas, man told of driving his luxury, French-built Bugatti Veyron when the bird distracted him, said La Marque police Lt. Greg Gilchrist.

The motorist dropped his cell phone, reached to pick it up and veered off the road and into the salt marsh. The car was half-submerged in the brine about 20 feet from the road when police arrived.

Gilchrist said he doesn't know if the car was salvageable, but in his words, "Salt water isn't good for anything." He says the man, whose identity hasn't been released, was not injured.

Celebrity driver
    The police declined to release the driver's name, although the incident has drawn a great deal of attention on his vehicle.

The Houston Chronicle reported the Texan has become something of a celebrity. He reportedly told the Texas City wrecker driver who towed his car that California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger called him Wednesday, along with several other celebrities.

“He said he was getting so many calls that he finally stopped answering his phone,” said wrecker driver Gilbert Harrison of MCH Truck and Auto, which is storing the car.

But Harrison said the driver seemed to take his very expensive mistake in stride.

“He was calm,” Harrison told the Chronicle. “If it had been me, I'd have been cussing, but he was calm. I imagine inside he was probably pretty upset.”

The Bugatti Veyron is the fastest and most expensive production car in the world.

A 2006 Bugatti Veyron was recently offered for sale in Jonesboro, Ark., for $1.25 million.

19. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
  20. azzkikr9

azzkikr9 Karting

Nov 2, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mr. G
  21. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I read in another thread that the owner of the Bug also owned the Eddie griffin Enzo. He has a body shop and am sure would be trying to do the fix himself.

22. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm confused by the Arkansas comment. And there's a discussion in the Texas thread about this.

23. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Sorry, but there are already two other threads on it.

24. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
  25. Century Transport

Oct 9, 2007
    Westhills,Ca
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I bet the Tow guy has towed many of them!!! NOT!!!