Old Farts and Corvettes | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Old Farts and Corvettes

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by cosmicdingo, Jul 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Agree, we all have opinions. But in the "Vette world" the '74-'82 are the lowest end and unloved.

I also agree that the refreshing given to the C4 in '91 looks great. I'd love a '96 LT4. Great cars, and rare.

2. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #77 76Steel, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    I love my C4 96 Collector's Edition Vette. It was my first "Dream car" and have owned it for 10 years. Was recently going to trade it in, but could not sleep at night and kept it - glad I did. I bought the car off lease when I was 27 when it had 38K miles. My 308 and the C4 like hanging out in the garage - sort of like the very distant US/ Italian cousin thing I suspect. ;-)

3. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Nice, is it a LT4? I had a '96 GS. Sold it about 7 years ago, man oh man do I regret that!

4. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    I almost bought my first one this year and I'm 23 years old.

I also know a girl who owns a new C6 and she's 24. :)

5. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #80 76Steel, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    No - it is LT1, but enjoy it just as well. Grand Sport; oh yeah! I really like those Vettes - think they looks killer and special. The color combo with the black rims - killer all around.

6. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I got mine at 37. Sometimes I still don't feel mature enough to have this much power in a daily driver. A ball cap shades and a Tee shirt seem to be the Corvette uniform where I'm from. My main passenger shares my last name and needs a booster seat.

7. PerKr

PerKr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2007
    Mariestad, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Per Kristoffersson
    my dad drives a C6 (I think it's an -07, not sure, either way it has the LS2 in it. And he does step on it from time to time) with auto. I actually wouldn't mind having that combo myself. The engine has enough torque and the trans shifts distinctly enough that I can't see how it would bother me on a curvy back road. Maybe at the track, but I'm not too sure about that either.

what amazes me about the vettes I see here is that they're either riced out or not styled at all. And the drivers are all older than me. A riced vette owned by a guy well over 50 is just so wrong, why on earth didn't they spend that money on some tasteful mods instead? And to top it off, these ricers are usually the ones to do a burnout when they can. Major posers. Do they really think they impress anyone?

8. Soon2bMD

Soon2bMD Rookie

Jul 26, 2007
    Bowling Green, Ky
    I get to see all the vette owners. My S/O's dad is a plant guy for 25+ years and has been through 9 vettes. MOST fall into the category of denial that they are driving an inexpensive sports car. They only buy american, nothing is better. They are notoriously cheap; they would dine in large groups and most would never tip. They think they deserved to be looked at when at stoplights because their car is a rarity.

I guess this goes with other cars but being in BG I notice it more. I personally have nothing wrong with them. I'd probably drive a Z06 as a daily driver. Can lease them for under $1k a month

9. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #84 SMS, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. F430Rod

F430Rod Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2007
    Orange County