Olio Motore light turns red question. | FerrariChat

Olio Motore light turns red question.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Eddie.h, Aug 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #1 Eddie.h, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Before I dig into the dark world of the electrical system on my ‘83 QV. Any suggestions on why the console light starts out green when the key is turned but switch’s to red once the car starts? Oil level is good and the dip stick has been replaced. The two easy options have been done. View attachment 3189277 View attachment 3189278

Sent from my iPhone

2. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
  3. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I don't know - looks like a "bug" to me. But have you tested the wiring loop itself, from the display to the sensor and back = disconnect the sensor and then shorten the plug to have the light come on and go off. Just to check if that part is ok. I suppose it is.
    Basically the check control should switch the checking of the engine and gearbox oil levels off while the motor is running:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    It would indicate your engine oil level is checked and OK'd (green light with ignition ON) but the check control display somehow bugs while the engine is running (it has ignition ON and alternator excitation inputs, so it does know when the engine runs).

Eddie.h likes this.
  4. Eddie.h

Eddie.h Karting

Mar 30, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks. I will start testing my way through the wires and connects. It’s been this way since I have owned the car (several years) finally time to sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

afterburner likes this.