Omaha Nebraska...more exotics than youd think.. | FerrariChat

Omaha Nebraska...more exotics than youd think..

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mrcarlosspicey, Sep 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrcarlosspicey

mrcarlosspicey Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Omaha Nebraska, most people would see it as a town of cummins diesels and straight piped mustangs. To those of you who live here...you know thats definately not the case. Some of the rarest vehicles in the world reside in Omaha such as the only red Lexus LFA Nurburing edition in existence, or a collection of Ferraris (Enzo, 288GTO, F40, 599GTO, 458 testa rossa, 308 GTS x2, and more pre 1920 vehicles) so pristine, they have never seen the road nor have ever been registered (Factory miles). We have one of the worlds largest Viper dealerships, coming from Mr. Woodhouse of the Woodhouse racing team. He owns a vast selection of dealerships including our Porsche dealership which is ranked one of top 25 in the nation!! Our lexus dealership also has another LFA in stock (2012). Our BMW dealership is top of the line including a brand new (2013) M3(red), M5(orange), and M6(blue). We are trying to build a car culture which is yet to be discovered by some. The exotic car scene here is hot though with around 100 Ferraris, numerous Bentley's, Aston Martins, and Porsches (Around 1200+ porsches!!! including 3 carrera Gt's and 1 or possibly 2 pre ordered Porsche 918 spyders). I wrote this for pure enjoyment to get Omaha out in the car world and would really love it if it were to expand upon that. Thanks

Parker

2. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    -355 (well, one anyway)

:)

Jedi

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    :(

As well as Prada and In 'N Out! :D

4. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Now that has a certain.... tone to it, does it not Virtual Son?

:)

Jedi

5. Mowgli

Mowgli Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2009
    Bristol, CT
    Best thing to do for it, I would say, is move it somewhere where people want to go.

6. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Whoa! Do you have a sarcasm detector on your computer too? Where did you get those?! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXmKPMaHMo[/ame]

7. Jedi

Jedi Moderator

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    From Sheldon :)

8. agup48

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    BAZINGA! :p

9. Dodici Cilindri

Dodici Cilindri Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    Yes there are quite a number of exotics in both Omaha and Des Moines. There is and has been considerable wealth for some time in Omaha and Des Moines. Omaha is home to five of the Fortune 500. Both cities have a long history of sports car racing starting when General Curtis LeMay allowed the fledgling SCCA to hold races on the runways of Offutt air force base in the early 1950's. One reason you have to look, is that the citizenry of both cites are not given to ostentatious displays of wealth. That in no way implies that it is not there.

10. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Future Ferrari dealership coming to Omaha (rumors from an employee at woodhouse Porsche). for the sole reason that Fiat owns Ferrari.

11. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #11 texasmr2, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    -.-. .- .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / -... .---- ----. / -.-. .- .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / -... .---- ----. --..-- / -.. --- / -.-- --- ..- / .-. . .- -.. ..--.. / -... .-. --- -.-. -.- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .-. . ... .--. --- -. -.. . --..-- / -... .-. --- -.-. -.- / -... .-. --- -.-. -.- / -... .-. --- -.-. -.-

For all you sciencey types that is... Morris Code!! Must I splain everythang??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Dodici Cilindri

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    There have been rumors of a Ferrari dealership in either Omaha or Kansas City for some time now. If you compare the demographics of Omaha/KC to the cities where Ferrari dealers are now, I become very skeptical. It is not the problem of a lack of funds, but not being a large enough base to sustain a stand alone franchise.

13. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    We would be able to service Ferraris from des moines and kansas city with a mobile crew like FoD does.

14. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Those of us who grew up watching "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" figure there's probably some SERIOUS insurance industry money on Omaha, and wouldn't be surprised if there were plenty of exotics... :)

15. Dodici Cilindri

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    We would be able to service Ferraris from des moines and kansas city with a mobile crew like FoD does.

You speak as if you are one of the principals involved in this venture.

16. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    ^^Nice variety.

I'm not up to date on my Porsche 911 model types/special edictions, but what is the black 911 with the green accents? Is that the 918 version thing? If it is, I take it a 918 will be in the area soon?

17. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Long story. The silver Turbo S is a close friend of mines and one of his dads friends owns the "Edition 918 Spyder" Turbo S. The owner of our porsche dealership bought one or two of the 918 Spyders so he got 911 but didnt want it so he sold it to its current owner. None the less, the 918's will be sweet! :)

18. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You'd think in the heart of Tornado alley these guys would be investing in somekind of military grade bunkers for a house. I know I would if I moved to Nebraska! especially Omaha! Hell go as far to get bullet proof windows and body armor cause you never know when the weather wants to get silly :D

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Cool! Please post pics of the 918 when they roll into town. Looking forward to it.

20. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    Thanks, will try!

21. mrcarlosspicey

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    Parker
    TBH, I don't think weve had a tornado warning in the past 2 or so years...very mild and hot summers.

22. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    can u post more spots pls