On sound alone, the Murcielago is king | Page 2 | FerrariChat

On sound alone, the Murcielago is king

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Cavallini, Apr 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Mea culpa, mea culpa. I forgot. The Carrera GT is the thrilling V-10 sound short of an F-1. However, it's not as muscular as the Murci.

2. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Nah, F355, F40 and F50 win

3. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Only one or two require passwords. The first Murci clip does not.

4. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

True about the Carrera GT. Unfortunately, I haven't heard any of the early model Ferraris. Do you have any links to clips?

Many thanks,

JPR

5. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Here is a video file I have of some Porsche engineers revving the engine of a Carrera GT. It does not exactly demonstrate the sound of the exhaust "under load" but you will get more than an idea of what the car sounds like...

Carrera GT Revs

You can see in the video that the back of the car bears the German word for "test vehicle"

6. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I agree with inside the cockpit as I was lucky enough to drive a Murcie 6 speed tubi.

7. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Of the "newer" Ferraris, I prefer the F40 or possibly a 355 with Tubi exhaust.

Overall, I'd have to say the 365GTB/4 Daytona. That's as close to heaven on earth as you'll ever get, IMO.

http://www.borowskirace.com/
    <click on "Ferrari V12 Road Test">

8. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    i agree brian... the actual f1 sound is not my favorite...i like a little more bass and throater sound....

9. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I believe what you are hearing from the CGT is the engine sound and not the exhaust! It is incredible. However you really only get the sound uder load and how often will anyone have an opportunity to really load up on that car driving US street and highways?

I understand at idle and regular driving it sounds fairly tame and unremarkable.

10. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    :( Couldn't download your file. :(

11. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Sorry, it works now. I needed to rename it...

12. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I think I'm in lust. ;) That's the first Daytona I've ever heard. With that sound and the shape to go with it, it must be the greatest automobile ever.

The newer cars are certainly bigger and in some cases sharper, but there's something in the Daytona that's unequalled. Interesting.....

13. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Yes. That is an F1 engine. The sharpest auto sound I think I've ever heard-off track. It's remarkable. Porsche should be very pleased with themselves. It's a shame the Enzo isn't as raw and powerful, at least not the clips I've heard.

14. 69stanger

69stanger Rookie

Nov 30, 2003
    thanks for the link that lamborghini sounded amazing. I have never heard anything like that before.

is it me or did the Maserati sound like it had flowmasters???

15. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    That video of the beginning of the Supercar Rally is a great tool for comparison purposes.

All in one video you get nearly every car mentioned in this thread accelerating through the first three gears. This includes 550/575, 360, Murci, Diablo, F40, F50, Aston Martin, 911, Gallardo, and of course my favorite two Zonda's. The Gallardo sounds better than even the Murci in that vid.

I would imagine one of you has it, if not I do if someone would like to host it.

16. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    This, of course, is what I really want to hear over my shoulder....F1 clips from Scuderia 1994. www.farzadsf1gallery.com/f1_sounds.php.....Scroll down the page and you'll see the ferrari mp3s. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.

17. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Here's some more vid's of Japanese Ferraris, well actually just one car, a yellow 360 with a Hamann MOTORSPORT body kit (kind of tacky, but whatever). I think it sounds pretty cool, although its a bit on the loud side...

http://www.wintel.co.jp/zoo/mufler/mufler.html