On the road again - Robb's Aston Martin Adventures | Page 3 | FerrariChat

On the road again - Robb's Aston Martin Adventures

Discussion in 'British' started by Robb, Apr 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  2. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I much prefer the magnum finish silver mesh on the vanquish...

Seems much more focused with the hexagons than the wire overlap on the vantage...

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Gotta love the layer of pollen on everything :D Noticed pics from the Ferrari dealership in another thread. Any chance you went around the corner to the McLaren/Lambo/Rolls dealership to get some pics?

7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I did not visit that dealership but if I have time this week, will try to stop by.

Lamborghini used to be next to Ferrari of Washington but that is now an Alfa showroom.

All great cars.

Robb

8. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Robb, I see you got to go in the "attic" at Star Motors. I drove that very Vantage S this past Saturday, and the salesman demonstrated something really interesting ... in 3rd gear that car will go from 15 mph to 90 mph with no protest whatsoever, no lugging, no shuddering, etc. Just a great exhibit of torque and power.
    Did you drive that Vantage S?
    BTW, there are really great car guys at that Aston and Lotus dealership in Houston!

Robb likes this.
  9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I like those guys. I did not drive that vantage S. I knew the plain white color was not going to work for me, So I did not want to waste their time. I liked that it was a unique stick ‘S’.

I also liked the two DBS they had. But my gut told me that those were a hair too long for me.

Very happy to have found my car. Now if I can get a break from out of town work... I will get some driving under my belt.

Robb

10. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I met last year during my work travels with the guys at Aston Martin New England. I was looking at Aston’s then and liked their shop and mechanics. They also service Ferrari.

So I called up Steve and he got me a fair deal on the 4-piece, black leather set of Luggage I was looking to add to the other two bags I previously picked up.

I think they are likely to be my default dealer with fair pricing and very knowledgeable enthusiasts working there.

I recommend you give them a call if you are looking at parts for a more realistic price.

Robb

11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Will be talking to them also about additional keys, an umbrella, rear mat, and those magnum silver vents...

Robb

12. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #62 Robb, May 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2018
    Ordered the lowering springs from Redpants so I now have several projects lined up for the car.

Didn’t want any 4x4 fender gaps...

Robb

Attached Files:

13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It seems that the front grill I like the most on the vantage has only 4 bars. Kind of like the dbs or db9 with 5... This is most often shown on the GT4 or N24 Vantage cars. Upon closer inspection, it appears that they have started with an 8 bar grill and then just removed every other bar to thin out the number. I’ve seen a video on YouTube that Richard at redpants did showing how the bars are slotted in the frame normally and can be removed. So I will see if I can achieve my preferred look by simple mod to the grill I already have. Im not sure how it will look in bright chrome vs the darker gray or black, but will see what I find out. I’m not a fan of the full blinged out grill... I had a similar one on my ‘platinum’ series Toyota Tundra 4x4 and I swapped that out also.

I may need to find a solution to cover up the exposed slots or notches in the vertical pieces that would be open. I may also see if the gt4 or n24 has a special part with less gaps already filled in.

Robb

NEP likes this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I was gone for two weeks...

Went for a nice drive at the end of the day with my wife.

Just a great car. Feels special every time out. Can be quiet or loud depending on how you like to push.

Robb

NEP and Dave rocks like this.
  15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NEP, Dave rocks and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  16. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NEP likes this.
  17. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Got some packages on my return.

Taking the car to an Aston indie in Scottsdale Monday to get these on. Should lower the car about 20-25mm and work very well with the sportspack setup. The stock arches seem just a bit high and it is sharing the stable with the challenge car...

Robb

18. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    And the new clear tail lights arrived. Should be on the car in an hour or two. There is a bit of aligning involved and not quite a plug and play like the F-cars. I do prefer the modern look. The red lines shown are double sided tape for the body colored center blades.

Robb

19. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Dropped the car off at my indie mechanic today for a major service in Scottsdale. Should be in perfect shape to start its time in AZ.

They had a late Db7 GTA outside for service as well. Best looking of the db7 I think.

Robb

NEP likes this.
  20. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NEP likes this.
  21. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NEP likes this.
  22. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    NEP likes this.
  23. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    tifoso2728 likes this.
  24. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #74 VGM911, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Robb,

If you're looking for feedback (and who knows, maybe you're not), your car is one of the most beautifully designed cars of all time. Even as nice as the Ferrari 308/328, which is my personal favorite. But if it were my car, I wouldn't make any modifications to it...especially lowering it or replacing the red tail lights with clear ones. It's perfect, just as it is. It's also the right color, and has the right wheels. :)

Robb likes this.
  25. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Nice photography at the gas station, by the way!

Robb likes this.