One engine per weekend - a question | FerrariChat

One engine per weekend - a question

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tuttebenne, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    At the Canadian GP I noticed half-way through the last official practice that Montoya's car had been dissasembled. He had come in and parked the car - apparently happy with its performance. The team had pulled the engine away from the monocoque and were working on the area directly in front of the engine. Then the engine/suspension assembly was taken behind the barriers and out of sight of those of us who were at the garage area. Later I noticed that many if not all of the teams were doing this. My question is regarding the "one engine per weekend" rule.

Does anyone know what the teams can do to the engines and still keep the integrity of the one engine rule intact?

Andy

2. fivebob

fivebob Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    Tauranga,New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Callum
    From the FIA 2004 F1 Sporting Regulations http://www.fia.com/resources/documents/1195189551__F1_Sport_Reg_a.pdf
    So it would seem that anything that keeps the seals intact is acceptable.

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    what if everyone changed their engines the starting grid would stay the same then right? :)