One week in mid march with a family including larger dog? | FerrariChat

One week in mid march with a family including larger dog?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by valter, Feb 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    Hi Everyone! As title says, looking for a warmer then DC place at the beach in mid march for a week and have to take our pup (english setter) with us. Cant leave him home, three would be too much for my dog sitter, her hands will be full already. Looking for any ideas and suggestions!

Sanibel island seems to be exactly what we can be looking for (never been there), but seems to be no place left to stay there, all booked.

Kind of looking for Hatteras/Carova alternative in FL :) Too cold in NC in march... Thank you!

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Go to Disney, board the dog at their on site facility, visit your pup a couple times a day, bingo!

D

valter likes this.
  3. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Check out Captiva!!:);)

valter likes this.
  4. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    Thank you, unfortunately he is not a big fan of other male dogs and there would be casualties :( I remember last time I was there they even have a web cameras installed, so you can watch your dog at any time...

5. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
    Thank you, that would work, will check on vrbo

6. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    I live on Sanibel year round. Sanibel only rents condos (and a very few grandfathered cottages) by the week. Otherwise single family homes are by the month, to preserve the residential character of the place. Captiva has no such restrictions, although it is very nice (prettier than Sanibel). Keep calling, they often have cancellations. I love Jensens Marina and Cottages. Also, Tween Waters Inn, SBL vacations, Royal Shell, VIP vacation rentals, South Seas Resort, etc. There are so many places, you are bound to find something.
    Although it is not on Sanibel, Sanibel Harbour Resort is pretty nice, and you can just drive over to Bowman's Beach on the West End of Sanibel. Lots of parking there.
    For kennel, use this place--
    https://www.facebook.com/McGregor-Blvd-Veterinary-Clinic-103974483003312/

7. tamiami

tamiami Karting

Mar 14, 2007