Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Aug 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Good. I was going to bring my Porker this week too. Would be nice if there were others.

2. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    I plan on stopping by on sunday, although I live too close- my car won't even start to warm up. Maybe I will take the vespa instead. Any one going to Limerock on Monday, There is a Italian Car coral and ticket discounts through the Fiat Lancia Club , but I think it might be too late to get in on that.

3. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Just heard back from the Prosched guys. Sounds like both families are heading up to the cape this weekend for one last hurrah to summer and won't be able to attend.

4. RobWRX

RobWRX Rookie

Aug 24, 2008
    Weatogue
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I love Lotus's, you should definitely invite them to come. :)

5. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #80 Saint Bastage, Aug 28, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
    Sundays weather is looking great. Who's in?

Regarding the cruise. Mapping of the suggested route is complete. I am concerned about the lack of scouting and the amount of highway. We are not aware of the potential dangers. (construction, activity zones, traffic patterns, congestion, or road conditions). No consideration has been given to fuel, food, photo opportunity's, leg stretches, or other necessary elements of a well planned cruise. I suggest we reschedule the cruise until these items can be completed. Those interested in scouting the route this Sunday should contact me directly. Ric has a hard copy and I'll send hards to anyone that wants them.

Lane

6. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #81 myslow1, Aug 28, 2008
    I'm in, Lane. Are we meeting at the bank? Same time?

I would suggest that when we do the cruise that we do it early (like before 9am) so that we avoid the SUV's and heavier traffic that seems to clog the roads up beginning about 10am on Sundays. Your thoughts? I was thinking that we could all meet at Starbucks by 8:30-9:00, head out for the cruise and end up back at Starbucks by 10 and then kick back there for a while.

7. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Doesn't look like I'll make this week. Have fun!

8. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    I'll be there:)

9. masslaw

masslaw Karting

Sep 4, 2007
    MA
    Full Name:
    Mike C.
    I plan to be there this Sunday.

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm in for Sun too, for a meet, drive, or both.

11. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #86 Saint Bastage, Aug 28, 2008
    I'll be there for the meet but sadly cannot make the cruise. Craig...8:00...Webster. I must be home by 11 latest (translation: "you better be here by 10:30")

Both Jay and Ric have offered to "scout the route" and have been provided hard copies. We should wait for their opinions and decide then. Scouters should be aware of Church's along the route as they are likely to cause issues on Sunday mornings.

FYI...It would be cool to have each of us map out a route near our perspective stomping grounds. I've got one for the South Central area all set to go. It circles Haddam, Lyme, and Saybrook and incorperates everything from deep woods twisties to beach photo ops. I'll bring he laptop to play with on Sunday. I'll also bring the software for those that would like to load in on their Laptops.

12. drjess

drjess Karting

Apr 7, 2007
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Jessica
    May have 7-8 bikes there on Sunday :)

13. Ducati1098

Ducati1098 Rookie

Aug 28, 2008
    I will be there!!!

14. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Guys:

Dont know what drive you'll do this week end. it is unlikely I'll be able to join but I am putting info below about some serious party pooper. Check them out for your ride.
    They'll nail anyone for anything (for quotas and PR prestige)

http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?Q=421856&A=11

15. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #90 Saint Bastage, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    Great info Patrick...thanks.

The present cruise route is impacted along route 9 by the roving patrol between Cromwell and Middletown. We can consider options Sunday morning.

Jay just called after having scouted the southern portion of the route with his STi. He sounded excited and somewhat breathless. You guys are apparently in for a treat.

Lane

16. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Thanks Patrick, we'll have to change our plans to heavy drinking AFTER the drive, haha!

Scouted a path out, found a route with about 6.5 miles of absolutely fantastic driving roads - all woods, light residential, very smooth, up hill, down hill, tight turns. They were pure driving nirvana in the STi, and I'm sure the 355 will be no slouch either :D Only one spot to watch where a bike path crosses at the hairpin, first one through can stop the bikes (if any) and I'm sure they'd just watch until everyone is through.

Possible plan: meet at SB, leave by 9:30-ish. General direction is to route 17/66, to 16, then loop back onto 66. Just off 16 there's a cool covered bridge with a decent crushed stone parking lot, could be a good stopping off place for pics before the fun part of the ride. Then back onto 66/17, and maybe stop for an early lunch at Harbor Park on the river? I'd estimate this may be an hour ride or just a bit more.

Who's in for a CT fun run?

17. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Really suck that I may not do this too :( Seems i would really enjoy this with either the car or my Ninja but it is a jap bike so i would not risk tomatoes incomings :) May be I really have to go for that F4 Augusta Ago or Tamburini serie I am eying but the Wife convincing hill is steep.
    Just in case I can free the Sunday AM, could someone email me the trip private? Lane may be? thks

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #93 Saint Bastage, Aug 29, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
    I'd love to Patrick but is subject to change. A rather dramatic change to reduce Highway time is under consideration. Final mapping to take place at Starbucks.

Because I'm not going to be able to make the cruise, I nomiate Jay as Captain. If he's agreeable, I would suggest you get hs cell number. If you intend on joining in last minute, its the only way to connect. Its important to have contact with all the members of a cruise for emergencies, off route recovery, and last minute changes. (ohh...cool bar...lets stop here).

FYI - Tomatoes are not an option. All are welcome. (I love Ninja's)

19. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I'm in. I'll get Jay's cell phone number from him Sunday. I plan on bringing a co-pilot along to help keep me on course too. I assume that the route will be printed out for eveyone and handed out when we get there on Sunday?

Lane, no chance of doing your college tour tomorrow (when it's raining) ;) so that you can do the cruise with us on Sunday? The weather is supposed to be spectacular on Sunday! Would hate to see you miss it, since you are the guy that has been trying to get everyone together for this.

20. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Sorry Craig, As much as I would love to reschedule things around my drothers, alas, we have an appointment. Wifey is one thing, don't let my daughter get mad. I'll be there to see you off.

21. DrRoman

DrRoman Rookie

Apr 12, 2007
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Ric Schreiber
    Apologies for not being able to help with the scouting as I intended – a family matter took precedence. However, it seems it got done anyway, and quite well.
    Patrick's info is great to have anytime - i never knew they posted these things.
    I am in for the drive and such if the AMG may join in towards the end of the line. The covered bridge and/or lunch along the way also seems like a good idea. See you all then.
    Ric

22. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry to say it looks like I am not going to be able to make the meet and cruise tomorrow after all. :( With the hurricane churning in the Gulf of Mexico, I am going to have more work to do tomorrow... the down side of working in risk management for an insurance company. Have fun gang! Hopefully the weather will continue to be nice here and I can join everyone again on the 14th.

23. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ah c'mon Joe, the storm didn't hit yet. Surely you can spare an hour or two :D

24. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, I need Pictures please

Ric...We missed you, What up?

25. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT