430 - Only Manual Scuderia | Page 4 | FerrariChat

430 Only Manual Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariFR33458, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Good review by Dan.

2. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    The SF transmission that came in the car is still in it, not to mention its a twin disc, the SF internals mated to mechanical shift are spectacular.

3. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Im welcoming auto scuds to come down for a side by side.

4. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Ive also experienced this in circuit racing when "everyones" SMGII was "Faster" (80 Milliseconds) on a shift. Oh the 5th or 4th to second under braking into an apex or hairpin was quite the feet when in a manual its a swift action. Next few days, we will get shifting footage and tach footage of the scud in action, the SF trans with a shifter is something else. MUCHHHHH different from a base F430 Gated manual. The clutch throw is less than half of the base and you can just about flat foot this thing into every gear.

5. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014

My Converted Base F430 to 6 speed Vs F1 Scud. (Both my brother and I have Circuit Experience) if you have your opinions you are entitled to them. @ShineKen - Not knowing when first bought it did sound like gearing was slightly different between the base and scud. Id love for someone to bring an F1 scud out.

cpep likes this.
  6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Scuderia gearing is different. It isn't all gears - from memory 2-4 are closer ratios.

Manda racing likes this.
  7. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Is it just me??

but...

I just watched the videos, but can't help but to feel like it was all just motivated by greed just to hype up the car to flip a profit...

That's what irks me the wrong way...it FEELS disingenuous...just guys wanting to make a buck, and in their greed, ruined an amazing car in their arrogance.

Someone steer me clear, I don't want to feel this way!!!

BrandonE, rennspeed and Dave rocks like this.
  8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Well I donated all my tens of hours working on this project for free as I genuinely wanted to see this car done right.

So not everything is the way you think. I didn't earn a dime and I wouldn't accept any either.

Freddan, cpep, Manda racing and 2 others like this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Plus we all see what we want to see I guess since when I see that guy who drove the car with big smiles they look totally genuine to me, I don't see a car ruined I see one improved, thats the beautiful thing about opinions and tastes we all have different ones. Otherwise I guess life would be very boring if we all wanted the same sauce...

brookliner7 likes this.
  10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    #85 one4torque, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    F1 scud vs gated on track would be epic!

Manda racing likes this.
  11. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    @one4torque Do we know anyone in SA that would be willing to with a scud?

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Seems to be a few scud owners on this thread.

Maybe they know someone?

13. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    It's not goor or bad, is just a matter of opinion and needs... I owned a Scud and its gearbox was just perfect , however I will be very interested to see how a manual Scud will perform... For sure the swap doesn't make the car more valuable in this case, but it is a one-off, that someone will want for sure. The perfect scenario will be someone, that already has a Scud to buy it :) Anyway, so much work has been put in it, so it should be admired for sure. However, such a swap makes much more sense on a base 430, which gearbox has nothing similar to the one in the Scud, which as we all know is the fastest shifting single clutch gearbox in the world ( I think faster than the one in the current Aventador SVJ).

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    ... Well the Superfast gearbox actually improves the gated experience too due to smoother shifting, faster clutch action and improved gear ratios, synchros etc.

I was considering to buy a 430 Scud and convert to a gated too but in the end I decided to buy a dual clutch twin turbocharged McLaren 12C instead as it was vastly quicker than the Scud, handled better and is easy to achieve 700hp. Plus mainly because it's quite different to my highly personalized 360 and a gated Scud wouldn't really have been that different an experience.

15. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Are you converting that to a gated car? :D :) Something tells me "no" :)

/ I just could not resist / :)

rennspeed and one4torque like this.
  16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Like I said I like differences.. the 360 does the gated for me

17. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I think the topic here is different. It's not about fastest shifts at all, but shifts, that are fast and in the same time dramatic... The shifting of my 458 gearbox can be described in only 1 word and that is... boring :) Same with the McLaren. This is exactly the thing - the Scud gearbox shifts fast and in the same time has drama, because of that little hit in your back, I mean - it still feels mechanical. DCT gearboxes don't have that anymore.

one4torque likes this.
  18. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    #93 360trev, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Exactly.

Some people would consider that removing of the clunky obsoleted AMT (automated manual transmission) was a godsend. Some love it, same thing could be said for gated too.

The outdated single plate technology was never that reliable and was actually designed as an "interim" solution before dual clutch was ready.

Its replacement was with something faster and seamless but possibly less involving and appliance like. Again reminds me of debate about gated Vs f1.

Dual clutch did at least solve some issues like low speed shifting clunkiness and let's not talk about too much of the hacks of constant clutch slipping (clutch life killing) during uphill reversing. Better just avoid doing it.

Many where and still are willing to accept AMT short comings for the extra emotion that the kick in the back "thwack" that a properly set uo AMT adds, some much loved drama and excitement to a driver. Others still would consider ultimate enjoyment is using a metal gated shift.

That's the point really different transmissions deliver different experiences, personally I love a sequential shifter on the track. Just so engaging. On a fast road car depends on power output, weight , etc and how much tech it's got fitted out with. Dual clutch may as well make the car have no gears it's that smooth and you can only really tell by the sound.

Final thing to add here is some of the latest auto sw on McLaren's and new Ferrari's etc is so good it's probably going to do a better job shifting than you! Leave it in auto? Hmmmm slippery slope towards self driven cars..m

one4torque likes this.
  19. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If he enjoys the car and it runs/drives great, how is it ruined?
    Where I Live in the USA Capitalism is still a good thing. if he has a willing buyer and turns a profit, more power to him.
    its a win win .
    How it can be misconstrued into evil greed is beyond what I can comprehend.
    Even if it is a marketing ploy, thats fine too, he spent a large amount of time, as well as cash to purchase car, research, parts, and own sweat equity to make the car a reality with the hope of creating a buzz and bringing more work into his shop. (Its called ROI in America)
    That is capitalism at its finest in the Good ol' US of A !

brookliner7 likes this.
  20. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Last time I was in his shop they had several man conversion swaps going in at the same time. It seems to be good for business.

brookliner7 and G. Pepper like this.
  21. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    Jeff I have some information for you but I am unable to PM you.

22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ill call the shop today. Thx

23. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

#98 24000rpm, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    I did some research

Seems not all of the forks are different, even if they are different, can somebody post a pic?

seems like if you have a stickshift f430, you don't have to replace any fork, or very minimal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShineKen likes this.
  24. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

now I wonder if we got the forks settled, and grab a set of Scud igntion ecu+TCU and a Scud F1 actuator, it would shift just like a SF2, although the scud ignition ecu would give you some minor problems here and there ( not something can't be fixed though)

To reach out on a limb, I don't even think the actuator is different.

Just a guess., I am starting to think that the SF2 is different in the hardware realm is a myth. I don't have a scud. Or i'll just take them apart and compare.

25. BrandonE

BrandonE Rookie

May 22, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Brandon Edwards
    Its not shop related.