Open letter to Magnus Walker. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Open letter to Magnus Walker.

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 09Scuderia, Oct 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flumpy

flumpy Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2009
    There needs to be MORE Magnus Walkers in the world.

2. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    More guys hacking up 911s? I think we have plenty of those......

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am concerned ONLY with his driving.

Other than that he is a great dude...I like his overall style and approach.

You guy are going off in a different direction.

4. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    I can't really complain, as I'm not one who drives the speed limit. I do use caution when in traffic, don't weave in and out. I've never received a speeding ticket in Canada, my entire time driving. OP can't tell me they have driven the speed limit 100% of the time and have not passed slower cars on the freeway.

The only time I've complained about another driver was my neighbors 16 year old daughter. Saw her blow through two stop signs. Since I couldn't keep up with her doing 80km/h's in a 50km/h zone, she was going beyond too fast. So I told her parents.

5. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    +1 … met him, hung out with him at a friend’s house, drove with him when he came to visit for a couple of days. Not nearly the aaa$$-hole this forum makes him out to be.

i can pull up a 100+ vids of ferrari morons that are not only more reckless but also lacking the fundamental skills to behind the wheel even with a plethora of today's drivers aids. Not a lot a banter here on those.

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Who said he as an ******?
    I certainly didn't.
    No one did.

I understand that folks are attracted to his brand, to his persona. Fine. No worries. Its cool and very anti-traditional Porsche. I too appreciate pissing off the up tight porsche crowd. I also think his design ethos for his cars is cool. All good.

Is is his behavior that is offensive. His behavior us immoral by the very definition of the word.

The issue is how he drives on public roads. His urban-whatever aside, when he zips past another car going at least double the speed of said car there is really no doubt he was exceeding the speed limit by a huge margin. In what world is that considered acceptable?

If he wants to risk HIS life that is his decision. Go to a track.

Driving like he does on public streets risking the lives of others is immoral. Remember when we weren't afraid of calling people out for immoral behavior? When exactly did that change?

7. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    #32 hyenahf, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    ive lived in LA for 10 years about 10mins north of magnus place. u drive on the 110 or any fwy in socal, 80% of the peeps are doing 15-25 mph over the speed limit at all times to a point cops are never parked on the side medium with a radar gun. if u dont keep up you become a road hazard. by your definition, are they are immoral?

i find people texting, yapping on their hand held phone or dinking around with the NAV unit at speeds much more offensive and dangerous.... shall we start calling them out and scrutinizing them too?

now if you want to question the "integrity of the company" is there anyone more corrupt (ford-fiat), devious (factory walkout), cheat (gto not homologated by skipping serial #'s) and coward (cancelled 64 monza to secure the WC from shelby) than enzo and the company that bears his name? Having said all of this and having had 2 fcars myself, imho, Ferrari is still greatest of all the sportscar brands.

8. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, in my eyes "immoral" is going too far. If I am sleeping with your wife that's immoral. If I am knowingly stealing from you that's immoral. Driving my car like speed racer to the mall?.. Not immoral.

9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Driving IN TRAFFIC like a crazy person is immoral.

Country road, canyon passes *where no one else is around* maybe less so. In those cases you are risking your own life. Perhaps also immoral, but at least then you aren't risking the lives of others.

Magnus is doing something immoral when he flagrantly breaks the law and risks the lives of others. I am not stating the man himself is immoral..his behavior is immoral.

Various definitions for immorality.

- not moral; broadly : conflicting with generally or traditionally held moral principles
    - not following principles of right and wrong : wicked, bad
    - Immorality is a concept normally applied to persons or actions. In a broader sense, it can be applied to groups or corporate bodies, beliefs, religions, and works of art. To say that, some act is immoral is to say that violates some moral laws, norms or standards.

10. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Jeez Louise, after reading the above, Gilles Villeneuve a Ferrari spokesperson and legend must have been the devil himself....

all the best

11. jram

jram Rookie

Jan 10, 2011
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Jude
    Driving like a Nissan fanboy.. not a fan of his creations either. Prob. A nice enough guy tho. Dont get me started on RWB

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Skipped through the video, watching most of it. I've seen far, far worse driving. His worst crime is overtaking on the right, imo.

Calm down everyone...

13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

+1

Impressive video. Reminds me of the old "Rendez-Vous" film.

14. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    I don't get the hate.
    Isn't the point of owning a fast car to drive fast?
    Why do you own a Ferrari? To drive like a Honda?

15. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    This is not about fast cars or fast driving. I'd venture that everyone here has done that. This is about RECKLESS DRIVING. The kind of driving that will get you thrown in jail because you're endangering innocent lives. Yours, your family's, the 5 year-old kid that lives down the block. People who just want to get to their destination without getting killed by some showoff. I remember back about 15 years when I was exiting a freeway and a guy in a 911 crossed over four lanes of traffic to exit BEHIND me and on the shoulder. He was going so fast that my Tahoe shook. This scared the crap out of my 7 year-old daughter. Is this cool? Is this acceptable?

These kind of posts really show people's character and/or lack of reading comprehension. It's my hope that some of you simply misread the OP's post. If you didn't, and condone this kind of behavior, well, there's just not a lot of hope for you.

16. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    There's a time and place to drive fast. Just because you own a 'fast' car doesn't entitle you to put others at risk. i don't get that people don't get it. It's pretty straight forward.

17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Thanks guys.

19. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Hmm Its hard for me to believe that everyone in here has never made a bad decision in a car. Even I have had a couple of car accidents over the years. Lots of steaming bs.

The guy comited to passing the parked truck before seeing the other traffic. He was going to fast yet i didnt see anyones familys walking in the road. People make mistakes but good thing there are so many perfect people here on fchat.

20. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Well said!!

And on that note, Happy Holidays to all.

21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    problem with walker is that he uses reckless driving as part of his publicity business model. cannot compare that to someone on fchat that has solitary speeding event. its a big fail for him

22. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I suspect Walker loves this thread if he knows anything about it. There is no such thing as bad publicity, as they say. Those who love his "outlaw" status will rail against this thread, and the rest were not his fans to begin with. Win for him.

The problem with giving attention to stupid antics is that quite often the subject LOVES the attention. Exhibit A: Kardashians

23. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Regarding aggressive driving in ca...it is very common and the police have bigger fish to fry.

Regarding the man...I don't think he is an ass hole. In fact seems well liked by all those who know him.

Regarding his following...I do not understand that. Peter Gregg or Steve McQueen I understand. Magnus...not so much.

24. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

He is not my idea of the face nor hero of the car / marque that I love so much. Just my 2 cents.

25. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've read this several times yet still don't see your point. My takeaway is that you feel its not so bad because no one's family was "walking in the road" but am hoping that I'm wrong.