Opinion on Free Offer | FerrariChat

Opinion on Free Offer

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mule, Feb 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Quick question:
    A magazine I have subscribed to for over 10 years (non-Ferrari), sent me a DVD with the following choices - 1.)Keep it and send them $10 or 2.) Return it in the pre-paid envelope.

If I did not request / order / ask for this, is there any reason to take any action? I recieved a second letter today with the "you recently recieved our DVD, please indicate your choice (send or keep)".

If it was not a well-known magazine that has been around for 30 years, I would think it was a scam, but I think it is just marketing trickery.

Action?

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    burn the dvd and give it back.

3. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    Keep the DVD if you did not order it you are not required to return it.

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    PradasPaPa is right. It is unsolicited merchandise. It's yours to keep and you owe nothing.

5. yellowpad

yellowpad Karting

Feb 17, 2003
    Anaheim, CA
    Full Name:
    Calvin
    I agree on this as well. I believe it is one of those exception in law pertaining to acceptance and offer.

6. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Everyone above is correct. Don't worry about it. Geesh, how many AOL version n.0 CDs have I received in the mail over the years and had to pitch? Maybe I should do like the commerical and start building a wall sculpture with them. What I really find useful though is pre-printed return mailing address labels. I receive them all the time from various groups or charities. I keep the labels and throw away the rest of the mailing materials (don't even read them) that accompanied the labels...

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Thanks, Guys. That is pretty much what I thought. I wonder how many people will feel they need to act? Marketing trickery at its best.