OPINIONS ON 612 MODULARS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

OPINIONS ON 612 MODULARS

Discussion in '612/599' started by F2003-GA, Oct 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackenzo

blackenzo Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Peter C
    do you have any pics of the 612 in black?

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    There's always going to be somebody who modifies Ferrari.
    But for most parts your right a majority of Ferrari owner's keep their cars just the way the factory intended them to be.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #28 F2003-GA, Nov 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. drsrock

drsrock Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    love those modulars!

5. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Sounds like it'll be very striking. The Grigio Alloy is a really incredible color; always makes me think of icebergs or glaciers when I see it. Up here in the Great Northwest, my color choices tend towards warmer tones to compensate for the lack of solar energy. I can definitely see where your color choice would serve well and look great in Florida. I look forward to seeing pics of it when it arrives.

What's your "build date"?

6. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    wow!
    If I was looking for a 612, that would be the one.

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  8. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I prefer the standard wheels by far. Actually I find them one of the most beautiful ferrari wheels since the 550's (and the Enzo's). The optional ones look RICE to me.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    The dealer is telling me the next one is mine so I am figuring december build and maybe late Jan or Feb delivery.Thanks for your take on my choice of color I think you made a good choice to considering the geography.

10. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

Yes, there is a resemblance to the G35 especially in the front third of the car. But this is not all bad. I think the G35 is the most attractive Japanese sports/ GT car possibly ever. It has presence, which is one of the most difficult and rare commodities to create in an automobile. In fact, the G35 looks better than every American sports/GT car, except perhaps the Corvette, and most Germans as well.
    But remember, these are isolated photos. The shots I've seen of the 612 in live, outdoor shots bear as much resemblance to the G35 as the Maserati QP bears to a Buick LeSabre that bears a slight resemblance in photos. In these shots it looks unmistakably Ferrari- long, lean, aggressive, but smooth. Besides, the 612 looks more like the Rossellini GT than anything else. Elegant two plus twos are as much a part of Ferrari's history as the aggressive, two-seaters.
    As a Ferraristi, I can understand your qualms about similarities between an Infiniti and something that wears the Cavallino, but if it's the best Japanese design I say Forza Infiniti. Who knows, they may have hired an Italian design firm or designer to shape the car, or an American, as Ferrari has done with Ken Okuyama and the American who's name eludes me. The other Infinitis, however, are far off the G35's mark. Remember, too, their recent resurgence has come at the hands of a Portugese CEO.

Forza,

Cavallini

11. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Sounds gorgeous, especially with the aluminum calipers.

Forza,

Cavallini

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks, I'm also trying to get a diamond pattern stiched in the crema headliner with blue stiching as well as the rear shelf.

13. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

That will be very, very sharp. Isn't it wonderful how Ferrari allows you to embellish and personalize a work of art?

Forza,

Cavllini

14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That's true. I alway's try to individualize my Ferrari. Even at the expense of resale.Best resale combo is red/tan or yellow/black but they are also very common.That's why I'm leaning towards white/red F430 or grigio titanio with bordeaux and grey stiching.

15. jmiles360

jmiles360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    J. Miles
    Definitely do white/red. It looks so stunning in person, and the dark silvers get a little boring.

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Thanks for your thoughts.I've been dying to get a white ferrari some day but haven't quiet found the right one to get in white untill the F430. It seems to have the right line's to suit white.

17. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Having seen the modulars, there is NO queation of the worth of the upgrade. They are beautiful rims and compliment the car lines. Considering if you car order them OEM you save the cost of having two sets of rims.

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #43 F2003-GA, Nov 21, 2004
  19. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Wow, that car is sweet. I love the burgandy/modular wheels combo. I can not believe how much the 612 Scag has grown on me. I really like it now.

20. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

OMG! This car is gorgeous, absolutely stunning. As I've said a thousand times, LIVE, outdoor shots make all the difference with this car.
    It's stunning, a work of art. Bravissimo Pininfarina, bravissimo!

Forza,

Cavallini

21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #46 F2003-GA, Nov 23, 2004
    Here's two more.ENJOY!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    Here are a few more pics. Still need to get some interior shots.

23. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

JA and Eric, many thanks. The bordeaux is simply stunning, as are the modulars. What color is that in Ferraristi, Rosso Fiorano?

Forza,

Cavallini

24. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    The offical Ferrari name (actually, I suppose its a PPG color) is Rubino Micalizatto (not sure of the precise spelling). I guestimate that to mean something along the lines of "Metallic Ruby".

It's a bewitching color. In sunlight, it turns bright red, especially on the highlighted surfaces, and the metal flake really pops out. In indirect low light levels, it looks deep burgundy. I'll take the car out when we next see sunshine and see if I can't capture some of the brighter red color in some photos.

The other night we noticed the car across a parking light and it looked like it was black. But most amusing was the little light there was made the rims pop out. Looked like white walls at first glance.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hi Eric after seeing your modular wheels I decided to add some to my 612 order. By the way your 612 looks stunning.The more I look at your pics the more I can't wait for my own.