Orange County (Irvine/Newport) Saturday Morning Drive | FerrariChat

Orange County (Irvine/Newport) Saturday Morning Drive

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bgfriend0, Jun 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bgfriend0

bgfriend0 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    Irvine, CA
    Hi all,

I'm curious if there exists or is interest in a Saturday morning brunch/drive in OC (roughly Irvine/Newport area). I've been watching a few forums and am a member of FCA and haven't quite found what I'm looking for. Maybe I've missed it.

If something like this exists, let me know, I'd love to join.

If not, is anyone interested in setting something like this up?

Thanks

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  2. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    It would be nice to see Ferrari owners form a local OC group of Ferrari only meets. I am a member of FCA and interested.

3. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Hey Haig, my friend was just talking about forming something like that. He knows the owner at Bakers & Baristas in Cerritos and they would be willing to host the group on a Sat or Sun morning. It will NOT be a C&C but a local group of Ferrari owners getting together to network, talk cars, and then go for a drive.

4. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Sounds great but I prefer enjoying our coastline instead. Why go inland if your don't have to. Besides, the roads and parking is a big issue when you have a group. just my 2 cents.

MAXF430 likes this.
  5. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    There is a nice group of Ferrari owners starting to consistently come to Supercars by the Sea once a month in HB. You could always use that as a starting point and go from there (Its a Sunday however).

6. bgfriend0

bgfriend0 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    Irvine, CA
    Thanks for the referral to Supercars by the Sea. I look forward to checking that out.

But my question still remains, who else is interested in cruising together on weekends? @Testarossa Lover is clearly in. Who else?

Testarossa Lover likes this.
  7. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Lets pick an upscale restaurant to go to, maybe head south to San Diego or north to Malibu? I love to see Ferrari line-up on the roads.

8. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    BTW, what are you driving?

9. davidiaz

davidiaz Rookie

Nov 15, 2017
    Hi. I am interested. I can join the drive in a few weeks as now I am out of town. Perhaps we can meet and drive to the next super cars by the sea. F360

Sent from my SM-G930T using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    1st saturday each month, a small group of OC members of FCA meet up with a hard core faction of the LA FCA up in Beverly Glen, in West LA, then usually 300 miles round trip into the way back mountains above LA or Ojai, PM if interested in a future event. I guarantee you will get a few rock chips, add a bunch of miles and a memories you will never forget.

11. bgfriend0

bgfriend0 Rookie

Jul 9, 2015
    Irvine, CA
    I'm down for any good restaurant, @Testarossa Lover ! And I drive an F430. I also plan on going to Supercars by the Sea this coming Sunday. Going to invite my friend with his brand new AMG GT. @davidiaz let me know if you can make this one. We could meet up ahead of time.

Thanks sparetireless, will PM.

12. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    My F430 is in the shop this week reverting back to stock Exhaust system. I am not sure if it will be ready in time.

13. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Haig, it wasn't that loud. Why are you going back to stock?

14. Newport

Newport Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2006
    The Neighbors :)

15. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    A group of us meet most sunday morinings Right off the 241 and santiago canyon road and do cruises 3 times a month. 80% of time its a similar route followed by coffee. Other times we do longer cruises further away. It's 80 % ferrari with the occasional GT3, NSX, etc mixed in. Great group. PM if interested

Sky Hye likes this.
  16. davidiaz

davidiaz Rookie

Nov 15, 2017
    Sure I will try. I am returning tonight. Let me know when and where to meet. Will message you to confirm

Sent from my SM-G930T using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I will chime in, this is one of the best groups I've run with. Welcoming, no judgment, and no stupidity. Would love to have more join!

davidiaz likes this.
  18. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Leaving Newport saturday August 4

7:45 am for meetup with west LA FCA

Back by 5pm

PM if interested

300 miler round trip into the hills above LA

Ferrari only per FCA rules

19. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Joey, if you guys are doing this, I’ll definitely support this and help out as I live very close to Bakers & Baristas, so please let me know.

20. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Sounds like fun times... I will be at a Private gathering in San Clemente 12-4 on Saturday the 4th otherwise I would have join you Mike.

21. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Great food and coffee but any parking lot in Cerritos is garbage. Especially that plaza. Bottleneck entrance and exit and the spots are tight and close together. Not to mention careless oblivious old Asian drivers. I lived there and I’d avoid Cerritos plazas in anything short of a beater Tacoma

22. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I’m in. We have a Sunday morn coffee group David and Haig joined in on. But I’m open to venture out and meet new friends too

23. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Ahh, my scud is in the shop since May. Would my Abarth count as a Ferrari ;) Ferrari 500?

24. MAXF430

MAXF430 Karting

Nov 16, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joey
    Thanks Mike, I’ll let you know when we all meet again. We met last Sat at 8:30am and left at 10:30am before the crowd arrived and went for a drive down the coast. I agree with the others that the parking is tight there if you park anywhere else but the front. Our friends with non F-Cars are nice enough to park on each end so no door dings for us and the owner reserves the front spots for us. BTW – I have the red F430 Spider.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Wow you got a nice car, i sure like to join you guys someday. I live about half a mile from there.