F8 - Order Status | Page 117 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    While my car is likely sitting in customs since the boat dropped 10 days ago I’ve got no news. My app never sent me the photos so I emailed Ferrari CS In Italy since they are back open and the gal sent me my photos today so at least I know the car is real. Lol.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BillHartman67

BillHartman67 Karting

Sep 25, 2021
    Montvale, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bill Hartman
    Looks really nice. Suspense must be killing u.

Could you post the email for Ferrari CS?

3. Pizza Paul

Pizza Paul Karting

Nov 14, 2019
    Full Name:
    Paul Cerro
    Would be great if U could post the email for Ferrari CS as I have a F8s on order. Pics are excellent keep them coming.TKS

dieselman0007 likes this.
  4. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    Contact email would be great. Ordered my F8 back in October. Despite the dealer telling me the car has been built, the Ferrari app only shows “waiting list” + a generic picture. Crickets. App does show a VIN number having been assigned.

5. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Of you have a Vin you are all good. It will show waiting list until After you take delivery.
    Pm me and I can get you an email for cS

dieselman0007 likes this.
  6. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    Don't worry or trust the "waiting list" status in the app. As mine showed waiting list and I was at the dealer picking up my F8.

7. Triks86

Triks86 Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Nick Trikounakis
    Did your car make my if the ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Just following up on this earlier discussion. As mentioned, my Portofino M shipped out of Italy around 9 June. Got an e-mail today (29 August) that it is on a truck headed from Port of New Jersey to San Diego. Another 7 - 10 days until it arrives. Probably right at 3 months from shipping to delivery.

SeattleStew and vonbeeler like this.
  9. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great news Rob.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

rob5819 likes this.
  10. Cesarito17

Cesarito17 Karting

Sep 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Cesar
    When will the last F8 allocations be completed?

Wheelinit likes this.
  11. MikeF88

MikeF88 Rookie

Feb 22, 2022
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Michael H
    Just got word from my SA that the F8 arrived at Port Of NY, waiting to clear customs and then deliver to Bay Area will be another 2-4 weeks!

vonbeeler likes this.
  12. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The GM at my dealership says my Spider build should start in Jan and will have it mid to late summer 23. I ordered Sept 3, 2021.
    It’s got to be close to one of the last.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Wheelinit, JosephRasha and Cesarito17 like this.
  13. dtandy

dtandy Rookie

Jul 13, 2021
    Huntsville, al
    Have you received an allocation?

I placed my F8S deposit in Aug 21. My SA said they have not received a F8S allocation for a few months and he's not sure when they will receive one. I have a handful of buyers ahead of me so I've accepted the probable reality that I may be waiting another year to receive the car. How does Ferrari distribute allocations? A dealer's historical sales volume? By when an order is received?

14. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Hey Mike remember when we discussing trading allocations months ago since you were looking for garage space in the bay. Well ironically I think our cars were on the same transport as my car was on the Dalia or Chicago express both of which just docked in NYC awaiting customs and transport to the west coast. I assume our cars will share a transport.

15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Unclear. And unclear how the dealer advocates for their list. If I were a dealer I’d rather say it s Ferrari than we put you later on our list.

I feel like it’s non linear with several afrom a dealership going into production (pool) at once. I sense the dealer can advocate for a customer based on status or perhaps Ferrari pulls the order of certain orders/cars (TM Atelier etc) depending on those production queues.

I have no inside knowledge only my experience and the spectator experience of others here and the words people such as my GM to describe and relay the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Weird, but based on my status 90 timing I would have said I was on the Dalia which dropped off in NYC, the Miami, then Savanah and is now heading back to Spain. I suppose its possible that I could have been on the later boat, Chicago express, which landed in NYC a couple days ago. That said I asked my SA today and he said I’m still listed at Status 90? Maybe just not updated in the system. Whole thing is odd and a little frustrating but I guess Im only at 11 months since placing my order…..Any ideas/thoughts crew?

17. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    so i picked up my F8 today, i can share from my experience I got my car exactly a year from when i configured it ...
    I was on Status 90 from June 2nd and last Friday the car arrived at my dealership. I had a long wait from 90, hopefully yours isn't too long like mine.
    I had tracked what i thought my car was on freight ship that docked on 1st July...thought i'd get it easily mid july.
    But turned out literally end of August. Very painful period not going to lie..

RoadRonin and RCorsa like this.
  18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Gotcha, thanks @Bandit23. Having ordered several Ferraris It’s never been like this including a triple layer paint which was a 3 month delay. My ship docked 4 weeks ago so based on your timing, I probably have another month left…so yes, exactly one year!

Bandit23 likes this.
  19. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Congrats again on picking up your beautiful F8! The waiting is definitely not fun but it is so very worth it in the end.

dtandy and Bandit23 like this.
  20. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have not received my allocation but my GM was pretty clear it will be coming in Jan. My SA said same as yours regarding flow of allocations. No idea how Ferrari distributes but I assume mostly chronological order.
    My Porto M was 18 months from deposit to car. Sounds like the F8s will be more like 20-22 months at least for me. On west coast US.
    I really miss my 488s so getting anxious at a year now..
    It’s going to be worth it.

dtandy likes this.
  21. jeromee

jeromee Rookie

Apr 16, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    JE
    Ordered in March 2021, actual status: 40 %

22. Peterami

Peterami Rookie

Sep 4, 2021
    Full Name:
    Peter amir
    Awaiting for my f8. Went on status 90 on June 26.
    Any idea when should the car arrive? West coast

any input much appreciated

rob5819 likes this.
  23. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I'm in San Diego, I was told three months from shipping to delivery (Portofino M) and it is working out pretty much that way:

ordered 3/27/21
    allocated 2/23/22
    VIN 4/16/22
    first picture 6/1/22
    second picture 6/8/22
    loaded on a boat 6/9/22
    third picture 6/11/22
    confirmed at Port of New Jersey 8/20/22
    on a truck headed to San Diego 8/29/22

24. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Interesting timeline. There must be something extra between getting loaded and confirmed in New Jersey because the actual trip takes around a month and shipping routes are pretty consistent..

I’m assuming “confirmed in New Jersey” means cleared customs which would mean your car was sitting in New Jersey for around 6 weeks.

25. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    When it was confirmed in New Jersey it was still waiting on customs. Your guess is as good as mine on where and what it was doing between 9 June and 20 August. They originally told me 2 - 3 months from shipping to delivery and we are coming up on 3 months next week. Expectation is 7 - 10 days from New Jersey to San Diego.