F8 - Order Status | Page 45 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marc Goldstein

Marc Goldstein Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Briarcars
    Very happy for you, I know the wait sucked. Shipping my car down to Tenn. Next Tues. to run The Tail of the Dragon and the mountain roads with a bunch of my car buds. Looking forward to driving the F8 the way it was meant to be driven. Good luck and enjoy. There are many ceramic coats but some are made for PPF wrapped cars. I used C Quarts Skin.

Dicecal likes this.
  2. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks, I’m hoping for no later than the middle of next week.....

3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is pretty quick. I am glad for you. My cars have taken a lot longer than that... LOT... But my cars have all turned out spectacular. I think my guy is just too busy.

With that said, I think my car will end up taking a month for paint correction, Full PPF, Full Ceramic and tinted windows.

I was thinking of lowering springs and 21/22 rims, Novitec Stage 2 upgrade but I am also concerned of losing warranty since it is a relatively new model. I know that the engine has been tried and tested but still, one thing may void all warranty.

Advice would be appreciated.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Got punished by Ferrari S&M anyway

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I considered that when I thought about getting a Pista. Besides the things I have not liked (and mentioned before that I do not like of the Pista), I would run the risk of getting a car I would love because I bought it, but had no choice other than to accept it as it is. I preferred to build it to my liking and wait than to settle.

I have a friend that is waiting for a preowned one, thinking he may get a better deal, being used. As you already know, waiting doesn't necessarily mean you will get a lower price, in fact, it will probably cost about the same but with some (minimal) mileage and again, a car that you may settle for because you had no choice.

If none of that maters, then I'd say yes... Otherwise worth the wait...

6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    One month??? That’s nuts. Find a new guy. Mine took a week and it’s spectacular.

Cigarzman and jm2 like this.
  7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My paint correction, Xpel total wrap and ceramic including treating the windshield took one week. A month seems excessive.

jm2 likes this.
  8. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It just takes so long for them to come and the dealer doesn't tell the truth that you can buy and enjoy another car then pick up on secondary. I've totally had it they made all sorts of promises and they were all untrue. They days of having to pay their games is done so they will be the ones that lose out as everyone realises they are just sharks. This is obviously not true of all dealers just rhe one that is closest to me but I'll find another I'm sure

9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I can't... I really think this guy is worth the wait. He has cars from all over the states. He has done 5 of my cars.

10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree... It is. He initially said it would be a week and then it just got prolonged. Like I said, it seems like he has too much work built up at the same time.

11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

Hang in there, soon, like the rest f us, you will forget about all of this and be smiling while driving it.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

By the way, dealerships matter. Avoid the busiest and more established ones. I live in Southern California and according to my zip code I had 4-5 dealers to go to. I went to a worldwide known one here and I was going to be placed on a waiting list (1 year). I found a dealership that I didn't know it existed (relatively new, approximately 2 years) and literally placed an order just walking in. Unfortunately COVID delayed everything. Otherwise, I would have had it by now.

On another note, I wouldn't blame your sales agent. Most of the times, the don't even know as it is the factory that seemingly sucks with communication.

Just hang in there...

13. Marc Goldstein

Marc Goldstein Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Briarcars
    I am sure he does a great job but when he actually starts the work it takes about the same time to go thru the entire process as it did for the rest of us. And I am very pleased with the work my guy did. I would recommend him to anyone.. stick with him if there are no other choices in your area but I would not be so patient if you ask around and can get a referral.

14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I understand. There are plenty of similar businesses in Orange County, many with great reputations as well. But I have this this OCD trait that I marry the one who does a good job in fear of the one that I need to get to know all over again. Kinda of old school with "Stick to what you know". I would go to your guy but that's pretty far out from Southern California.

15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Just saw that my car has a VIN number! No photo
    Maybe delivery by ....

buddyg likes this.
  16. Manuranjith

Manuranjith Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Chennai, India
    Full Name:
    Manuranjith Ranganathan
    Does VIN in app mean 10R?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalibuGuy likes this.
  17. Manuranjith

Manuranjith Rookie

Jul 19, 2020
    Chennai, India
    Full Name:
    Manuranjith Ranganathan
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations and welcome to the Ferrari S&M waiting show. It looks like our cars may travel together. I was informed about my VIN 9 days ago. However, I wasn't informed about status code. We know that is must be above 20 if there is a VIN as they have to have a completed chassis before they assign a VIN.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  19. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    May I ask what color did you choose for your exterior and interior ?

I selected silver and Nero.

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Exterior- Bianco Italia with Nero top, special ordered nero mirrors and air intake splitters (I don't like CF), a few more external options. Interior- (Very non Ferrari and I apologize for it in advance to the purists) Terra Bruciatta and Nero with full CF interior (because I don't like silver, in my opinion makes it look a little cheap).

21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Sounds like an elegant spec
    I also did a lot of carbon on the interior and a bit on the exterior too.

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That was exactly what I was going for. I don't see the F8 being a Pista like car, I don't even compare them because they are two different cars with two different focus points which share the same parents. The Pista has a very aggressive stance, track like car. I see the F8 as an elegant sports car with the heart of an enraged thoroughbred. So I am getting the best of both worlds. My thought process is to make it make it be what it is. (My view and opinion).

23. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Ferrari’s track focused models have that intent reflected in their designs. A racing stripe suits the Speciale and Pista.
    On the other hand, for me, racing stripes don’t work as well on the 458 and F8.

GT2goneF and MarkTodd like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I entirely agree. I considered the tricolore but it lasted only a second because of the exact same thing. It just isn't that kind of car. However, the tricolore details are elegant and do go well.

25. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob