F8 - Order Status | Page 52 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Hahahahaa, ooopss, I looked so hard at the debris and lighting and could accept them being the same, for the reasons I mentioned..... just never thought to identify the 2nd car :rolleyes:

SoCal to az likes this.
  2. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I received this photo around a week after the car reached status 40 so, I think I should be beyond 40 now, I'll ask the dealer current status later in the week
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    The strange thing is that the waiting for your order to be accepted, build codes, photos and post delivery trinkets are all meant to enhance the buying experience and all it seems to do is frustrate and annoy – seeing this as quaint has long gone.

A little extra effort on these simple, easy to automate, tasks would go a long way in helping them look more professional in terms of the pre-delivery experience.

Of course, once the car turns up...

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    There may be different versions of the pictures that are being recycled. We have seen pictures that are identically the same, which have been sent to customer in this forum within the same period of time that are identical. There were two recently posted that they had pieces of paper or tape (trash) on the same exact spot of the floor

5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Exactly my point. I still haven't seen any pictures and my car was already past status 40. Supposedly completion in 2 weeks... Question is.... Will it happen... I don't think so.

6. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    They mix it up between all of us to keep you guessing... Makes it really interesting for everyone.

7. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Status 50 now so not long to go, I should have the car in 4 weeks I would think, just in time for the winter and covid lock down

8. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    At least your cars built! I'm now questioning my wisdom in pushing to a Jan build o_O

GT2goneF likes this.
  9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I still don't have an update... hopefully in less than 2 weeks, I get the proposed Status 90. From 40 update to 90. No pictures, no "in between" updates. We'll see.

I am happy for you... What is even better is that your delivery is even quicker because you are a basically a local. Built and taken from the backyard to the frontyard.

PTG1 likes this.
  10. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    If anything will teach you patience... That will be Ferrari.

xBox likes this.
  11. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well what do you know... Just mentioning it today and I got both... It fees like the sales manager in charge of my order is looking. The first picture and status update. Obviously, the exact same first picture that everyone has recently received and Status (insert drumroll here).... 60!!!!!!! I understand that from here it snowballs into shipping. So it may make the 10/28 goal/deadline... Whatdayakno'

PTG1 and xBox like this.
  12. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Hope you get it soon! It’s worth the wait!

GT2goneF likes this.
  13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California

Will have to wait a little longer because it is coming to CA... They have to make sure they squeeze every penny in taxes before they release it to dealership.

With that said, not a bad turn around. compared to others. 8-9 months for delivery, if received by November/December. Makes me think it could have been potentially significantly less if it weren't for viral outbreak.

14. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    You'll definitely have it for Christmas, thats for sure.

Pretty good way to sign off '20 if you ask me :D

What is the sailing duration, 3-4 weeks?

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Its a race dude who gets their first

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    They quote 4 weeks on the ship, they must be making other stops along the way? Or that includes the time to clear customs on both ends, crating and uncrating, and loading and unloading the ship. Actual sea time should only be 7 to 8 days if they are making a straight shot.

17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    They said 2 weeks, provided no COVID complications. I thought it was more like 4. But I am OK with 2 weeks. What is made up in travel will be taken and delayed by the magnificent State of California.

18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You probably will. You aren't much behind me and the car is built in your backyard!

PTG1 likes this.
  19. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I hope so dude

20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You will see. You don't only have a shorter distance but you also have a a train that may take a few days or a hybrid transport method; car carrier/train/boat ride that is is significantly shorter than a ship to California and significantly less weather challenges. I don't see why you wouldn't receive it sooner. I guess will keep each other posted.

21. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations! We can race... but I think ours already have our engines on... so we have a clear advantage... It wouldn't be a fair race.

23. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    jm2, Dicecal and buddyg like this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The pictures seem to always be delayed. You can't be status 50 and the car be at the pictured stage. As far as I understand, painting process occurs at status 30. Status 50 is power unit, gearbox, etc. They wouldn't paint your car with the engine on. Believe me you are way more advanced in the process than what the pictures make you believe. Once you hit 60, it is a matter of 1-2 weeks for completion, as long as you don't have any options that may delay the process. But ballpark figure, your car should be completed this month, if not, probably the first week of the next.

25. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes Pictures delayed. I went to sign papers to sell my 488 Spider. And place deposits for my F8 spider and GTS and they said I’m at 70. I suspect the final stages were the trigger to get my order in for the spider......

It’s a funny thing hanging out at the dealer. For another thread.

A colleague had his F8 Nero Nero there when I stopped in. with a Novitec gpf delete and it sounded amazing. Not for me, but wow any critic of the sound should hear this setup. And no errors.

Have not gotten the next picture yet.

It is exciting........First new Ferrari. First Red Modern Ferrari.

GT2goneF and sampelligrino like this.