F8 - Order Status | Page 63 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Well, it seems like the introduction episode of this, long story is hopefully close to its end. It has been a long wait, filled with high expectations, desperation and excitement. The conception began on March 7 and, although the car made it to the dealership on December 24th, I wasn't able to take delivery until this upcoming Saturday, January 2nd. Nine months that felt like a decade and now that it is here, feels it was yesterday. Another seemingly long wait will occur as it is now going for a reinvention. Some external items will be modified a little, corrected, PPF'd and ceramic will be applied. Some other great things are coming as well. I estimate another 6-8 weeks before I take possession. Seems like I will never get this car... Stay tuned.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JAM1, racerdj, stavura and 2 others like this.
  2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Looks fantastic! You must have the patience of Job to wait another 6-8 weeks.

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Another 6-8 weeks?!
    :eek:

4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Beautiful car, congratulations! Looks like a bit of metallic in the paint, so I’m assuming not Bianco Avus. Nine months doesn’t seem all that long compared to what I’ve been told for my Spider, thank God I’ve got so many diversions for 2021.

Wishing you all the luck and success with your new acquisition - some feedback and driving impressions would be great also!

5. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    It was 11 months for me.

7. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    Looks awesome. If it makes you feel any better, I ordered my F8 on October 26,2019 , and it is now only entering production . I have been told I will get it in April, so I am looking at an 18 month wait! It could be worse!! Sandy

8. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Wow I wonder why it took so long for you?

9. ellis a sharp

ellis a sharp Karting

Dec 11, 2019
    knoxville tennessee
    Full Name:
    ellis a sharp
    Well it's a Spider so that is one reason. Other than that, I don't know. I sold my 458 so I have been without for a while. Given the world we live in these days, not something I can complain about. Happy New Year. Sandy

10. Darianpr1

Darianpr1 Rookie

Jan 29, 2019
    Orange County California
    Full Name:
    Edward Fernandez
    stavura, Spider68, Tech Nerd and 4 others like this.
  11. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
  12. Darianpr1

Darianpr1 Rookie

Jan 29, 2019
    Orange County California
    Full Name:
    Edward Fernandez
    FUOCO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stavura, Spider68, gzachary and 3 others like this.
  13. Darianpr1

Darianpr1 Rookie

Jan 29, 2019
    Orange County California
    Full Name:
    Edward Fernandez
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Rendering with hardware on wheels. Hardware will be hidden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

My F8 spider was ordered in December 2019. It was shipped on Dec 2nd 2020 so maybe I’ll have it late this month.

wthensler, GT2goneF and jm2 like this.
  15. Jwootson

Jwootson Rookie

Feb 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    justin wootson
    I ordered my F8 January 2019 and the dealer told me the car is scheduled to go into production in April. Oh and it’s a coupe. So looks like I’m the winner of longest time waiting.... 15 months just for production to start. Who knows when I’ll see this car. Definitely hasn’t been a pleasant journey so far.

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Same here. Ordered mine mid December last year. Should arrive end of this month (January). + or -

Cigarzman and GT2goneF like this.
  17. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't. I am like a meth head in between fixes. All I think about is just one little rock and there goes the paint. I don't want a rock chip on the Bianco Italia. So I am trying not to think about it and keep myself busy here with you guys.

I am assuming you are finally hibernating. Saw the news and it looks like it is a normal, yet late winter season for you.

RoadRonin likes this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah, painting the side markers, front lip, sideskirts and rear diffuser, plus paint correction, PPF and ceramic, plus some other things.

19. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yes, you are correct. Bianco Italia. Very nice eye. I am able to recognize it as well in pictures (which is a little hard). Very few people can tell. Unfortunately, pictures just don't do justice. Nine months and this is with the 2 month hiatus from COVID. I placed my order March and was accepted late in August. So yeah, I was blessed. Yes, I have heard here that others have waited a year to a year and falf. I did the same thing. I kept myself busy with anything I could find to not think about it. It is a process.

wthensler likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    May I ask what does the PR1 on your ID mean?

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Finally!!! Congratulations!

Cigarzman likes this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I call it the S&M Ferrari experience

Tech Nerd likes this.
  23. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yep finally put to bed, but got to drive it way longer than I thought like 9 weeks. Just have Jan-Mar to get through so not too long now! But yes you have to protect that pricey paint of yours!

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I cheated a bit, as I have the Bianco Avus, which doesn’t have the Italia ‘glow’ like yours. I am really amazed how good this car looks in just about every color I’ve seen thus far (yours included). Much as I love white, we have too many white vehicles already, so for the F8 Spider I’m leaning toward Rossa Scuderia on Nero with color accents, but this could change.

As far as delivery, I’m thrilled to have the 458 around and (hopefully) won’t get too excited about the delivery of a new car. I’m more likely to be impacted by new house delays (and thus garage space for another car) as builder supplies continue to be disrupted by Covid. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy all the F8 reviews, pics and videos from owners on this forum.

GT2goneF likes this.
  25. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Is that not a bit, dare I say, selfish :D

Can’t you get the car, give us some great delivery pics and the odd vid (like buddyg), do a nice write up, THEN give it back for these items.

Just a thought :p

GT2goneF likes this.