F8 - Order Status | Page 82 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Appreciate the info. I've seen similar from people in San Francisco and Silicon Valley, I'm guessing you are in Seattle. Must be local to each dealer.

Thanks again,

Rob

2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    No better way of dreaming that your F8 will come that quickly...

430jm likes this.
  3. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    This is not Maranello and it may be a "scare" tactic from an individual or certain group of dealerships. I gave 10k and no other deposit was requested of me. I voluntarily gave an additional 10k later but it was out of my own volition.

10k is all they ask for.

4. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I don’t really care much about the way they do the deposits. The $10k refundable to get on the list is easy and straight forward. I don’t mind the extra $15k to lock it in as people who aren’t serious right now may back out. And for a dealer with more clients than allocations that can be a benefit to the actual serious clients. Plus $25k deposit on a spec that is estimated to be $375k is no big deal

5. vicwest

vicwest Rookie

Sep 8, 2021
    ordered mine in shenzhen, china(I am a Chinese) at the beginning of sep,2021 for F8 coupe. In China the deposit for F8 is little bit over 70k us dollar and it is the same across the country in every dealer. And it is an instant lock in. Downloaded myferrari app, and the status is waiting list with all the options I choose. Dealer said the delivery date will be around july,2022.

JTSE30 likes this.
  6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Same here at Ferrari of Tampa. Nothing additional.

7. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I spoke to the Seattle dealer at one point prior to getting my F8, and if I recall correctly, they also wouldn't accept a CC for the deposit. Is that correct? So not only do they want $25k total for the deposit, they also won't allow you to use a CC (I use mine for everything for the cash back benefits). Whereas other dealers are fine with a maximum $10K deposit using a CC.

8. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know in the past people have purchased cars from them with their AMEX cards. I paid for mine via check and wire transfer

Divexxtreme likes this.
  9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Mine is on the ship waiting for it to hit the shores at New Jersey hope any week now

Cigarzman likes this.
  10. Bigbobo

Bigbobo Karting

Jul 25, 2020
    Northern CA
    The dealer that I used required a 10K upfront deposit to be put on the waiting list. The required a second deposit covering all of the options. No it is not an odd or ugly build. Pretty common with the exception of the TLP and painted rims. The interior is black with just a splash of red. I just pasted the 1 year mark and still at the “waiting list” phase but I did get a VIN in the app 2 weeks ago. I just hope the car comes this year or we are looking at a 18+ month wait, which is a bit long in my opinion for this model.

11. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    I met with my dealer earlier this week. I paid an additional deposit not because they asked me or because it was necessary but because I wanted to spread out my down payment. I'm doing 'Blu Eletricco' and my sales rep. advised me that it's possible my car could be delayed 1-2 months because of paint. I'm likely looking at a January (best case) or March - early April delivery (worst case). I put my order in late August of 2020. It's mind boggling how long it's taking. I'm assigned an allocation but waiting on 10R status. I'll follow-up with my sales rep in a few weeks to see if it's finally flipped to 10R.

12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    First deposit can be with CC. Anything voluntary after that has to be check

13. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is BS and likely individual dealership policy. I went well over 100k in options, including TLP and was not asked anything more.

Cigarzman likes this.
  14. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That was my original thinking. That is why I gave a second deposit, to give a larger down payment in installments. I was thinking about giving 50 down but I figured I could use the money elsewhere instead of losing it in the down payment. Particularly with such a low interest rate.

15. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

My deposit was made on AMEX for 10k . When I picked up my car I was allowed to use my AMEX for an additional 10k.

wthensler likes this.
  16. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    That is nice of them... Or they screwed up.

Cigarzman likes this.
  17. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

No screwup , they let me do 20k on my AMEX 3 years ago on my 488 spider as well. Great dealership.

18. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I did my deposit of $10K on AMEX also.

19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I put 10 on my Amex as well with FOCF. I can ask for another 10 at delivery I suppose. (I already got a hat, ).

FOCF and FOT are owned by the same family. The new FOCF facility is a show palace.

Cigarzman likes this.
  20. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    GT2, you are well overdue to show us pics and videos of your beautiful F8. We were with you for the journey but you’ve left us high and dry. ;)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You have been waiting for Top Gun 2 a lot longer than what you will wait to see my car. Coming soon to a theater near you. Good things come to those who wait. I have been telling myself that every day. One day, hopefully soon... Before Top Gun 2 release date, that is for sure..... I hope

AD211 and plastique999 like this.
  22. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah, my deposits for the three cars I’ve ordered with Ferrari have all been on my CC. It was only the Seattle dealer who told me over the phone they wouldn’t allow me to use a credit card for any part of the deposit. I never called them back.

Cigarzman likes this.
  23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Credit to @plastique999. This was his punchline used against me... LOL

24. vicwest

vicwest Rookie

Sep 8, 2021
    get an email invitation from Ferrari to register for the MyFerrari app, does this means i am at 10R ?

25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Sadly, no. It may be a coincidence.

vicwest likes this.