F8 - Order Status | Page 92 | FerrariChat

F8 Order Status

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dicecal, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cesarito17

Cesarito17 Karting

Sep 27, 2021
    Full Name:
    Cesar
    Anyone knows if Ferrari factory ceases car productions during end of December - beginning of January for holiday vacations?

2. Gianugo

Gianugo Rookie

Oct 11, 2021
    Somewhere in Italy
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    Do not have direct info from Ferrari, but usually here in Italy industries do not suspend production for Christmas/New year … just the national days off such as 12/25-26 and 1/1, which this year fall over week ends. Therefore I do not expect any impact on production.

Cesarito17 likes this.
  3. FlyF8

FlyF8 Rookie

Mar 4, 2021
    Looks like our cars hit 90 within the same week. Im assuming that you ordered your car from Ferrari of SF. If so when did you put your deposit down?

4. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I actually ordered my car from Ferrari Silicon Valley and placed my deposit in April of 2020. My process was not straightforward and I'm sure I was trying the patience of my sales rep.

It took a few months to get an allocation. In the meantime, I purchased a Nero Daytona 2014 458 Italia and found myself really enjoying the 458 ownership experience. I considered canceling my F8 Spider Order because I was enjoying the car so much.

As it was my first car specced from new, I found myself obsessing over the exterior color. What should have been a purely enjoyable experience bordered on being a bit stressful (especially since I didn't have the opportunity to see paint samples and was trying to make the decision via photos and reading descriptions). I went back and forth on the spec a few times. Initially specced Rosso Corsa but then changed to Rossa Corsa Metallizzato. I finally landed on Rosso TRS (after considering reds like Fuoco, Coburn, Magma, Maranello etc). The change from Rosso Corsa Metalizzato to TRS added a few months to the process.

Since I was enjoying the 458 I gave up my F8 allocation. My sales rep got me another slot and here we are. I ended up selling my 458 as I felt it was time to move on after enjoying it for a good amount of time. I now look forward to my F8 Spider.

When did you put your deposit down?

5. FlyF8

FlyF8 Rookie

Mar 4, 2021
    September of 2020. We also had the same issue/stress with the paint selection. Just like you we struggled to find any real world examples of darker reds. At the end of the day we went with Coburn after seeing a Maranello 488 at FSV.

6. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Coburn is a beautiful color. Looking forward to seeing photos of your F8 in the sun.

Regards

7. Capo Supremo

Capo Supremo Karting

May 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Richard Garner
    Question for you guys getting production pics…do the pics show up in the app or emailed directly to you?
    I was just assigned a Vin , went 10r last week. Looking forward to a picture. Thanks all. Enjoy reading about your experiences

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    jcardenas27hill and Senna1994 like this.
  9. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Well, I lied. Ferrari just quoted cad$45k to fly it over. I was ok with 20 or 25, but 45 just seems silly. That’s like 200 pretty good bottles of wine.

10. FlyF8

FlyF8 Rookie

Mar 4, 2021
    Just got any update that the boat should be docking tomorrow. Due to port congestion. Then it may sit there a bit waiting for customs. What are you hearing from your dealership?

srtullio likes this.
  11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Ouch, that is quite the quote.

12. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Sounds like your car is on the OOCL Europe. Just arriving in Norfolk sometime today, should be in New York in a few days…

13. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    I just got off the phone with the dealer and he said that it was supposed to dock today but that there have been delays and it might be 12/16 or 12/17. Then there is the customs process to contend with. Ferrari of Silicon Valley may send their own trucks to expedite the delivery.

Looks like I won't get the car for Christmas after all. It's likely at the very end of the year or perhaps the first week of January.

First-world problems though. I've already waited this long. What's another couple of weeks in the grand scheme of things? I'm still planning on having the full car PPF'd so that's going to tack on another 10 days until I get to enjoy the car.

I'm very much looking forward to taking delivery of the first car I've ever specced.

pdxjim488, harrish1985 and Bandit23 like this.
  14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
  15. RoadRonin

RoadRonin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2020
    San Francisco
    Spider68 and Senna1994 like this.
  16. Bandit23

Bandit23 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2016
    Miami
    Senna1994 likes this.
  17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank you!

RoadRonin likes this.
  18. Gianugo

Gianugo Rookie

Oct 11, 2021
    Somewhere in Italy
    Full Name:
    Stefano
    Senna1994 likes this.
  19. StevenF8

StevenF8 Karting

Feb 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Beautiful congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senna1994 likes this.
  20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Senna1994 likes this.
  21. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Senna1994 likes this.
  22. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Senna1994 likes this.
  23. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Awesome holiday gift to yourself. Congrats!!

Senna1994 likes this.
  24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Thank you all for the kind words. I am so happy the way this car turned out, now I have to wait one week for it to return from PPF and Ceramic! Wishing everyone here a safe, healthy and happy holidays!

Gianugo, srtullio and jm2 like this.
  25. srtullio

srtullio Karting

Mar 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Congratulations the car looks amazing! Enjoy it!

Senna1994 likes this.