Ordering my first Ferrari | FerrariChat

Ordering my first Ferrari

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by carthusiast, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    I have had Porsches and thoroughly loved them. I loved their “goldilocks” steering wheel and their preciseness. Ordering a Portofino. This forum has been very useful to me to understand others experiences and to narrow options for my own build. Thank you

P.S: For all those interested 2020 version has front and rear parking camera now standard!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tommygun64 likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Congrats. Any word on whether the gas particulate filter will come standard for 2020 models?
    T

Anthony Capone likes this.
  3. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
  4. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Congrats.

In Europe cameras are not standard but you can now order a 360° camera which is mandatory when you are ordering the new ADAS system.

PS. the electric and warmed seats have always been standard (the ventilation is an extra). Is this standard in the US?
    I guess there may be differences to what is included in the standard and what not.

5. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    My understanding is that full electric seats come with heating. There is no ventilation option that I am aware of

6. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #6 tommygun64, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    My original question was if the electric+heated seats are standard in the US. They have always been standard in Europe. (At least since July 2018 that I got my first pricelist). And I was wondering if different countries have different standard options.

Now, for the 2020 modelyear there is an extra option for ventilated seats (RSFV) and if you opt for that then you have the option to choose also a neck-heating system (AIRS). I have chosen both (on June 5).

Here the cameras are extra, also for the 2020 model year (hence my question on the possible different standards). It is either rear/parking camera, or (where previously it was rear+front, now for 2020 it is) 360° camera.

The latter is mandatory if you choose for the new ADAS system (which consists of FCAM- camera for lane control or sth like that, ACC1-radar for adaptive cruise control + pedestrians, BRAD-radar rear for dead hooks, MIR3- electro chromatic side mirrors). I have chosen for these too.

As I have said in another thread, I was called to do the final spec in the beginning of May, but they did not have the pricing for those new 2020 options and I had to wait 1 more month. When they did, I ordered , but I had to ditch RP (in favor of RC) because they told me that the waiting time has now gone up to 12months or more and the price more than 2x. This info is line with something another member mentioned in another thread, that now Ferrari asks dealers to absolutely stop selling the RP colour!

PS. sorry, I did some edits for more clarity to what I am saying.

7. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Y not and tommygun64 like this.
  8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congrats! Details on your spec?
    T

9. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Rossa Corsa (getting roof and pillars vinyl wrapped in black instead of 2 tone paint)
    Scuderia shields
    Yellow Calipers
    Cuoio seats-std
    Full electric
    Rosso Horse on head rest
    Rosso contrast stitching
    Yellow rev
    Carbon fiber steering with LEDS
    Hifi sound
    Low emissions, high emotion
    Parking cams
    Magnaride

10. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
  11. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #11 tommygun64, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Nice! We have the same setup!
    Can you tell me if the electric/heated seats and the LowEmissionHighEmotion are standard or extra options in the US?

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No apologies needed, that sounds like a great spec. Enjoy and post up pics when it arrives...T

carthusiast likes this.
  13. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Electric seats are additional but the low emission high emotion are no charge

tommygun64 likes this.
  14. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nice spec, have a similar F8 on order. First time factory Ferrari order as well.

Anthony Capone and tommygun64 like this.
  15. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Awesome!

16. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
  17. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Congrats on the car

If you plan to wrap the car in PPF, make sure to have it paint corrected prior to wrapping. Generally speaking the paint on these cars leave quite a bit to be desired. You don't want the paint errors trapped underneath the PPF. Also, make sure to choose a good film. A lot of them do not look very good and they don't self heal. Stay away from the 3M film Ferrari uses. It is not self healing, it yellows and dries out over time. I've found Suntek to be the best looking and most "invisible" film there is. It's also very strong, does not yellow and does not dry out. Not as big a fan as others here of the Xpel films. Too visible in my opinion and no stronger than Suntek.
    If you want to wrap with PPF, wrap the entire car. While the Suntek film is as invisible as a PPF can be, no PPF is invisible. Wrapping everything will look more uniform. Also, a properly paint corrected Ferrari wrapped in a good film, will still look better than a car with no film and no paint correction done.
    Just make sure you find a properly good detailer. These paints are soft and thin, and usually not applied very evenly as per normal Ferrari standard.

Chizz likes this.
  19. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
  20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Congrats, your first time is from what I understand very special. I wish you good luck with your car.

21. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    +1

22. carthusiast

carthusiast Karting

Sep 22, 2018
    Thank you