OT - Explosions in London | Page 5 | FerrariChat

OT - Explosions in London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stimmers360, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I hope all our fellow F-chatters & there families are safe in a horrible situation like this!!!

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Sincere Condolences!!!!

This is a tragedy!

You have my sympathies and support 100%!!!

Let Me Know Where You Would Like The Tank of Boiled Pork Fat Delivered, So We Can Soak These Terrorists Inside, Speeding Their Journey To HELL!!

Edit:Overly inflammatory remark removed by Mods

3. LWR550

LWR550 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    East Sussex
    Well... it was a sh1te day... luckily all of my friends and colleagues are accounted for...

Tomorrow is business as usual for me... however, I shall drive my Ferrari into work in defiance of what happened today.

I recommend you lot do the same... unless of course it's raining in which case we should leave them tucked up in their garages.

4. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Rain or Shine I'm taking mine to Silverstone tomorrow!

5. Dane

Dane Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2002
    My thoughts are with the UK. No words to express my sentiments. Just normal people trying to live their lives. Barbaric.

This is why I serve.

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    As others have said, our thoughts and prayers are with the UK and in particular those directly affected. Terrible to see this happen to our good friends.

7. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Thats the exact attitude that I think we should all adopt.

Except the 'tucking them away in the rain' bit. :)

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Fck driving Ferrari... i'll be on train and W'loo and City line tomm ...

9. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem
    Well I had a great day. Been to one of our factories in Italy for the last couple of days. Arrived in Stansted at lunchtime to a barrage of texts. There was some confusion in the airport and I heard about some flights due to land in London City Airport being re-directed. My girlfriend gets the train into London for work - fortunately I got hold of her by phone and confirmed she was OK. She was allowed to leave work (Battersea) at about 2:00pm and started the long walk back to North London...... I managed to drive down to Regents Park and meet up with her after she'd walked about 7 miles! Took us about 2.5 hours to drive the 9 or so miles back home from there. Not sure if that's normal traffic or significantly worse. Whatever, I'm thankful she missed it all.

Thoughts are with all those affected.

10. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Having jumped on a Thames Skipper (or whatever they're called) for the first time, I can higly recommend that if it stops somewhere convineint. Very pleascant.

Jamie

11. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good man Tony. I'd do the same but, y'know... working from home as per company instructions...

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Your strength and resolve is our common ememy's greatest fear and weakness. I encourage each of you to keep moving forward and in so doing, firmly believe the victims would approve.

13. G7RYE

G7RYE Karting

Apr 26, 2005
    Ackworth
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My sincere condoloncies for anybody involved, having recently become a family man the thought of what is at stake is too great to lose. I can not imagine the feeling of dispair this has caused.

I do however, feel this has opened up a can of worms, our boys will not **** about. The reprocussions will be wide spread, even if they are not publisized.

14. udalmia

udalmia Guest

my thoughts and well wishes to you all, stay strong !

15. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    Very sad to hear about it.....when it all going to end. May god be with you all.

16. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    we are with you - stay strong and may this strengthen your resolve to defeat these bastards

17. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

As always very eloquently expressed Tom. I second Tom's encouragement and offer my sincere condolences to those effected.

18. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My respects to England and to all of Great Brittan.

I have only seen London once. It is a beautiful city. I have tears for today.

The followers of the false prophet must be stopped.

19. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Gentlemen,

I'm sure all your messages of condolence and encouragement will be very well received by the families of those affected. Although a fairly new comer to London, Trauma medicine is my job - Having been to numerous sites of mass devastation, including Indonesia and Kenya earlier this year, I can find absolutely NO excuse for 'Mans unhumanity to Man', under ANY circumstances.
    I was one of the first helicopter medic's on scene at Liverpool St and was shocked by the scale of carnage underground, some which does not seem to be yet reported on the news?
    May I add my condoleneces to the families and re-enforce the sentiment of solidarity against terriorism, and despite only 2 and bit hours sleep I am still here on duty attending victims, as are most of my staff who have all performed a sterling job under the most stressful conditions in the last 23 hours.

(Special thanks go to the young PC - "Simon" sorry didn't get your surname - who helped me with a particularly difficult situation yeterday).

Seb

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

20. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Please pass on our thanks to all your colleagues & staff, including the other Emergency services.

You are all Heros in our eyes.

Translation: So the glory of this world passes away.

Chin up mate, the best and worst in human nature was on display yesterday. You guys proved it, helping your fellow man in times of adversity!

21. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I think the thanks must go to you Seb and all the other members of the services that were involved. I take my hat off to you.

Mal

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Seb,
    you certainly get around ! Thanks so much for the work you and your team do.
    Rgds
    Tony

23. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Reggie's son, Matt, told me the same thing. He saw some horrible sights down in the tunnel when they we being evacuated. It seems the death toll may rise further .

Yes, you guys are the real hero's in the world and i cant tell you how much respect i have for anyone involved in the emergency services. It was an amazing response.

I have to add, that although this is terrible teriible act, i feel it could have been much much worse, 5 million people live in London. So i think the added security procedures in London may have stopped this being much worse and so thanks must go to anyone involved with the security of London

24. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    I hope Matt and other affected UK Fchatters will be alright, and my sincere sympathies to the fallen, injured and bereaved. I agree that we can honour them most by continuing to live our lives to demonstrate that the free world will never give in to cowardly acts of terror. This stuff makes me so angry. My wife is a muslim, and I have read the Torah, the Bible and the Quran, and none of them encourage people to bomb an innocent crowd. In fact the sentence, "forgive your enemies" appears in all three. It is a disgrace that anyone would claim any religious or moral backing for such destruction. Lastly, can I echo the immense pride and unrepayable gratitude we all feel for the heroic professionals of the emergency and other services who have to manage the aftermath of such tragedies.

James.

25. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Little I can add to this that hasn't already been said. Bastards. Huge respect to those involved in dealing with the carnage; I really don't know how you do it.

Spoke with some of my London colleagues earlier today, and they said that while it's a little wierd, it's business as usual. That, more than anything else so far, gives you some comfort.