OT - Explosions in London | Page 6 | FerrariChat

OT - Explosions in London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stimmers360, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas

Yes, I did much the same. Walked out to London Bridge and caught the first train out to "anywhere" in Kent. Got to Paddock Wood, and made my way home from there.

Pretty awful atmosphere everywhere yesterday. A very sad day, but unfortunately one that everyone knew was coming. I'm just glad it wasn't worse.

:(

I hope everyone on here is ok.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    You folks holding up OK?

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Another Fchat-brother from across the pond chiming in to offer my condolences to the families of those who lost loved ones... And wondering what else to say, that hasn't already been said by my fellow Americans.

The whole thing hits "close to home" by reading Seb's account of the aftermath.

I typically make it a point not to watch television news, but I've been foloowing this story closely and I will continue to do so...

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Tom,
    we as a nation won't be bowed by this cowardly attack.
    There is a lot of info still not in public domain. A man was shot and bundled away in Canary Wharf on the morning of attack; bodies and souls still unaccounted for from the bus and deep tube explosions; all mobile telephone networks suspended following 1st attack in case blasts were remote triggered.... A bus was subject to controlled explosion outside my office on Cannon St y'day...
    This incident touches & affects us all deeply .

5. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Tony, I think the guy being shot at CW was just City rumour. The police have made a statement saying that it didnt happen. Granted, they may be wanting to cover it up, but I think we'd have heard eye witness rpeorts or something substantiated by now.

I work in CW (you do too, right?) and there was a number of security scares circulated but this was not mentioned other than in the canteen whispers....

With regards to other details, I think there must still be a few things to come out in the wash and I dare say this isnt the last London has heard of the terror attacks.

Jamie

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Jamie,
    hi m8.
    No, i'm in Sq Mile, off Cannon St.The shooting story may well be old wive's tale but i've heard it from a few mates who work in CW. As we know, the City never lets the truth get in the way of a good story ;)

7. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    LOL! Very true.

8. Fieldgate

Fieldgate Rookie

Jun 24, 2005
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Chris East
    Don't underestimate the City rumour. An individual was also shot whilst running away from the Waterloo Eurostar terminal. They just happened to have 14Ib's of plastic in their rucksack - but this hasn't made the news yet - this was from the manager on the Waterloo-City line.

I suspect thatthere are other mini stories like this

Personally I hope that, to quote :-

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

amen.

this shook me far more than i thought it would on Thursday and has done nothing but re-emphasise that life is for living.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    OK - I've come to understand full-size Londoners are a hardy lot in times of crises.

When the time is right - I'll share some humor which has come my way over the last few days via Londoners I've known a few years longer than on F-Chat.

But, more importantly - How about your children?

10. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    First time ive been on FChat for a few days, and I would like to add my anger and condolnances regarding the bombing.

I was reading through the statement that Badapple posted and a few things really stuck out like a sore thumb. I'll explain:

"the cheerful one and the dauntless fighter" - This is not a title that the prophet is ever referred to as. In fact it does not even come close in style to the titles of the prophet.

"O nation of Islam and nation of Arabism" - Nationalism/regionalism is actually against the principles of Islam, so very odd that its been included here.

mujahidin - Not sure why this word os being used because they would not actually be Mujahidin.

Denmark - That seems to be an odd one.

Basically what im saying that if this is group of Islamic extreamists then the first two mistakes would never have been made, since they would have had enough knowledge in islam to know these simple yet fundamental mistakes.

IMO the statement is a fake. Either done by some muslim kids who thought it would be funny to put out a statement like that, or by someone who had sinister reasons for pointing the finger at Al Qaeeda. People who are involved with Al Qaeeda generally have a very deep knowledge of Islam. They have a problem with interpretation of text which is where my belief differs to them.

Im not saying Al Qaeeda didnt do it. But this statement didnt come from them thats for sure.

11. F550kid

F550kid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    zak
    hi guys,

Have heard today that one of the dads at a local school here in Tunbridge wells was killed on Thursday and another dad from my daughters class had a broken leg. horrendous. I work in city and thankfully wasnt there on thursday. I hope everyone family and friends here are ok. The reports coming out now from witnesses sound truly shocking

Zak

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    At 12 o'clock noon this Thursday there's going to be a two minute silence to
    remember the victims of the bombs which exploded a week earlier, during rush
    hour last Thursday morning. Buses will stop, businesses will stop,
    everything still for two minutes.

It's a gesture of compassion and sympathy and remembrance, but also maybe a
    gesture of defiance - and so there's a thought that wherever we are, we
    should go out on to the streets, and observe the silence there, in public.

The whole of Britain, standing on our streets, which we will always own and
    defend, in silence.

Please pass this on to everyone you know - See you Thursday

13. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Well said Tony, my company will certainly be standing in silence and in defiance of those who think the can break us.

14. reggie

reggie Guest

Got back yesterday from New Zealand. Spent time with my son last night who told me what he witnessed. I am a very lucky father for my son to still be here and i feel desparate for those who have lost loved ones and for those who still dont know.

We should do everything we can to show these evil murderers that they wont change our will and determination to live our lives as normal.

The whole world is hunting these people now, i hope they realise.

Thanks again for all the updates from everyone while i was away.

15. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    just seen the news looks like the bombers were from leeds

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Reggie,
    there but for the grace of God go all of us. So very happy your son was unharmed. I got this email today - kind of appropriate.
    Rgds
    Tony

London Pride
    You come to place your bags of hate
    On bus and train, you made us late
    Yet we’ll be back again tomorrow
    We’ll carry on despite our sorrow
    Your bags of hate caused some to die
    Yet we stride out strong with heads held high
    You’ll never win, we will not bow
    You can’t defeat us, you don’t know how
    This London which we love with pride
    Is a town where scum like you can’t hide
    Don’t worry we will hunt you down
    Then Lock you up in name of Crown
    We’re London and we’re many races
    Just look you’ll see our stoic faces
    We all condemn your heinous act
    You will not win and that’s a fact
    We’ll mourn our dead and shed a tear
    But we will not bow to acts of fear
    You’re out there somewhere all alone
    There’s nowhere now you can call home
    Olympics ours we’ve won the race
    Your timing then a real disgrace
    Our strength you’ll find remains unbowed
    We’re London and we’re very proud.

17. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    just been watching the local news about these idiots in leeds as the area has been shut and no access to there houses there was a bloke [mongil] being interviewed complaining that he wanted his hay fever tablets from his house and the police would not let him fetch them he said it was disgusting the way the police was treating the locals as his HAYFEVER is very bad if i was the reporter i would of shoved the michropone done his fcuking throat

18. reggie

reggie Guest

Thats wonderful Tony, i enjoyed that. Is this someone you know or just an e-mail doing the rounds ?

My son got Team America out last night and we watched it. Very funny and a very ironic film. It could easily offend if you take it the wrong way. I laughed so hard through it.

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi m8,
    just a mail doing rounds. TeamAmerica is v funny indeed :D

20. jimmy b

jimmy b Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    On a plane
    Full Name:
    James
    Just as an FYI, several of the mobile phone networks in UK will be switched off just for this two minutes silence at midday today. Best to have phone or ringer turned off to observe a silence anyway....
    J.

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Thanks to all for respecting the silence, and not posting on Ferraichat for those two minutes. ;)

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Very moving in the City; huge amount of people on the street.

23. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I imagine it was quite a sight in London. Here (Aylesbury), nobody really stopped at all :(

24. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    In the leafy village of Brasted Kent there must have been nearly 100 people on the green.

Also I am told quite a feww cars and lorries on the M25 pulled over to the hard shoulder for the silence.

25. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    was in the centre of liverpool and nobody seemed to bother