OT - Sensible Thread about Gov. & Politics | Page 2 | FerrariChat

OT - Sensible Thread about Gov. & Politics

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LeeP, Apr 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    I agree that if you don't vote then you have no right to winge about the way the country is run. The problem is who do you vote for? The choices are not exactly great. My tendency is to vote Labour, but Blair is a liar. I can't vote Tory, but is there any point in voting LibDem? I guess I need to look at where the candidates stand on local issues, rather then holding their leaders against them.

2. Foxy_355

Foxy_355 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2004
    Berkshire, UK
    I will definately be voting. I'm not happy with the state of the country atm and seeing as women have only had a vote for the past 7 dacades (that's less than 20 general elections), I should really make use of the fact that I can.

I will be voting conservative, basically because I'm fed up with Blair. He's never been someone I've trusted and watching him in recent interviews on the election topic has really put me off. He seems to get very stressed and can't seem to give the correct answers (if any!).
    Charles Kennedy dosen't seem to have much of a clue either - and I doubt they'd be any good at running the country (he also sounds a bit like Shrek).
    Howard, to me seems to be the only person who has answered all the questions presented to him, and didn't get so "het up" about it all.
    I'd much rather have someone running the country who can deal with stressful questions - rather than caving into want Mr. Bush wants.
    The conservative also seem to have a better manifesto - I think they will be more for normal people and less of the "Chav supporters" Labour have been :)

Foxy x

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden

Got to admit last nite on some program or other, Mr Blair did seem to be very agressive with some of his answers. The other two were a little more laid back.

Maybe it has something to do with being the prime minister :confused:

4. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    He's clearly feeling the pressure now - from what I've seen of him as of late he's a bag of nerves. He seems to be not as calm as he used to be before Iraq broke out and is probably packing his bags as he knows he's out.

5. Foxy_355

Foxy_355 Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2004
    Berkshire, UK
    I've noticed he's quite snappy and defensive on certain subjects (mainly Iraq, and Immigrants), people want someone who's going to give them a straight answer, not get pi$$ed off because you asked. We have a right to know, we want to know, so we can work out who to vote for.
    The thing that I really noticed was that these questions were being asked by members of the public, not some journalist. If he's to run a "people's government" he'd better scratch up his approach to handling questions from the public - we afterall have had to live with his decisions for nearly a decade!

Foxy x

6. highside

highside Rookie

Apr 28, 2005
    Winchmore Hill, N21
    Full Name:
    Lozza
    I think its the "history will be my judge" quote is beginning to catch him up on the Iraq issue. Tories would have done the same - without a second thought. At least Labour pretent to care... thats not much of a plus. Lib Dems would umm and errr forever....

The core issue I have is, and this is relevant, the bloody U.S. has too much power everywhere - never more so here. Blair was told to back them up - Canada and Germany got punished for not falling in line...

... bit of a Friday rant there...

7. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    I think people who generally have issues against our friends over the pond, generally have an issue with Blair. Blair has been, in my opinion, far too much behind Bush for comfort. Yes they have to maintain economy between the 2 countries, however the UK took a big hit with people killed and those injured in Iraq. Their families have caused uproar with the press. Blair didnt get his flameproof suit on quick enough and now, could and most probably will pay the concequences.

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    I think you are all sad politics is for dickheads as i dont know of a politican with a ferrari

9. LeeP

LeeP Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 28, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    LeeP
    The politicians are those who make us pay tax. You should be against them!! Every vote against them is better than one not at all.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well who can you vote for then who isint a politican you pee brain

11. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

good point, dont vote for liberal they will have us paying 50% tax, dont vote for howard he dont know what day it is and dont vote for blair he lies, that only leaves the green party, monster raving loony party and the national front.

I wont be voting

12. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I won't be voting either .... 'cos we don't have none of your stupid, lying political crooks over here.
    We have our own independantly elected government, which surprisingly, is the oldest parliament in the world.
    I vote for my next door neighbour ... he's the eqiv. of your prime minister and a top geezer.
    I love paying tax too !
    And rates (remember them ?) .... £124 per annum.
    And we get two dustbins.
    And an international airport, to serve just sixty odd thousand population.
    And a B&Q !
    kind wishes to all,
    david

13. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

bastido

14. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie