Other Lambo forums dying? | FerrariChat

Other Lambo forums dying?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by rob lay, Mar 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was doing internet search for this car broker and came across a FerrariChat hate thread from 2012 on L-T. Funny thing is when I looked at the users all saying how bad FerrariChat was and L-T was the best, almost every single one of those users hadn't been active in years on L-T. I then noticed there was no traffic, well a dozen or so a day now.

Pretty sad what it has become, if only JRV could see.

Rayman not doing a very good admin job, a thread personally attacking me and didn't let me defend and notice Rayman as admin of site has only had 4 posts in March. My posts were this morning too and I'm sure user reported them first thing, but then it took them 5 hours to ban me. :D

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

I used to post in L_T now just LPower..

3. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    There is a killer Jalpa rebuild thread on L-P, I follow that, but nothing much going on for Diablo on Lpower.

I frequently visit and regularly post Diablo information on L-T, and I documented all the work on my Diablo and Jalpa on L-T. On both threads there is a small handful of guys that are quite useful in trading technical information, which I greatly value (no drama at all, purely technical). For Diablo and Jalpa there isn't much technical information traded on Fchat, perhaps that would change if the board was expanded for models? I would certain participate in that discussion. That said, the times I have been really technically stuck with my Lamborghinis I have posted in the Fchat technical section and gotten some very excellent help (particularly from Rifledriver). I don't own an fcar anymore but regularly visit fchat to see whats going on, generally a great community.

Geno

4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I really had hoped Derek would have brought his Japla thread over here after asking him a few times. Would have so many more eyes on it. His story from the beginning is great. Glad we talked him into selling his 914 and something else, and hunt for any Lambo, any condition. Talented guy.

5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LT is doing fine in my mind, I visit daily. Its THE place for Audi models discussion, meh on Diablo coverage. Rayman never posted very much anyway. Unfortunately, this section is probably 80% Countach, 10% Miura, and 10% everything else so I rarely post here, just in the Ferrari sections.

6. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    LP is for Murci and misc V12 and older tech.
    LT is for V10.
    FC is for pictures & historical stuff.

7. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    LT IS FULL OF DREAMERS AND WANNABES.

8. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    I do remember L-talk being the place to be for the Urraco owners. Lots of tech stuff and many owners participating. But VLG is the best for Urraco and the oldies but a terrible yahoo forum.

9. Rizzo1

Rizzo1 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2008
    Regina, Sask
    Rob. So it really was you on Ltalk? I posted on there saying that it probably wasn't you and figured someone hacked your account. Couldn't really see why you felt it was necessary to bring up a 6 year old thread and didn't really seem like something you would do? As I said on that post I never had any issues with this forum and used to enjoy coming on here a lot but as I don't own a Ferrari or aspire to own one and my buddies all stopped posting here I just stopped coming on here. No biggie. Its a great forum but I enjoy Ltalk as well and as I own a Gallardo I guess it just makes more sense. And Topcarbon I'm not sure why everybody on Ltalk is a poser or a wannabe? That just makes no sense. That would be like me saying the same thing about all the members of Fchat which of course is total crap. Great forum over here but also a great forum if you enjoy Lambos over there. I should try and remember to come on here once in a while and look around. Lots of great members on here as well with a ton of car knowledge. Cheers everyone.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I never saw that thread until this week. That thread did nothing but attack me and FerrariChat. Mods let that go back then and thread was still open 6 years later. I go out there to defend myself and FerrariChat, result was you don't understand and then admin bans me leaving all the attacks in place? that's pathetic on your part and their mods/admin. I think that explains L-T right there. All those users that attacked me, I showed how most aren't even active any more. much of what little activity is commercial.

hyenahf likes this.
  11. Rizzo1

Rizzo1 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2008
    Regina, Sask
    Just to clarify I never attacked you and obviously I have no control over the admins or their actions. It just seemed pointless to bring up such an old thread on there in a section that hardly anybody ever reads and rarely posts in. Just seemed to open up old wounds. No biggie. It will die again and probably be forgotten about in no time. Maybe in 6 years someone will open it up again. LOL. Not worth stressing about. Keep up the good work over here.

jefbuel and rob lay like this.
  12. jefbuel

jefbuel Karting

Nov 1, 2007
    Belgium
    So you feel you were 'attacked' 6 years ago, by 3 anonymous guys or so, and now you were going to set things straight? You felt it was necessary to do that, on a forum that in your own words is done and over with? Go easy on the champagne, or whatever it is that's interfering with your judgement :)

joe sackey and Boomhauer like this.
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    just my personality, at some point in life I decided not to allow people to bully or attack me anymore. life has been all for the better since! If I would have seen it 6 years ago I would have responded back then. I don't care when, where, or how. I fight back and always harder than hit. I also believe in old saying revenge best served cold. for whatever reaction you see in public, well...

14. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Maybe its just my computer, but LT seems to have a ton of website issues.. it takes minutes to load a thread there now (at least for me)so i dont use it anymore.. i used to check it maybe once a month..had some good technical stuff/advice for the countach.
    Does it just not work for me?

LP: used to have some entertainment and info on countachs as well.. seems the CT thread has long since died (there again unless its just My sign in/computer)

15. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    There are not so many people who work with Miura, Countach, Diablo or Murcielago themself, that is why it is slow on every site on those models.

Also there is this little possibility that Lamborghini's are better cars, because we don't fix them constantly, don't know, have to look on this one... ;)

Sledge4.2 likes this.
  16. Haha. Maybe. LT is still really good for the V8 Lamborghinis & Gallardos, and Lpower for more of the newer v12 Lamborghinis. I still visit Lpower daily. I guess each site has their niche. VLG has a ton of info but the general site format is somewhat difficult.

17. jefbuel

jefbuel Karting

Nov 1, 2007
    Belgium
    Well, I can relate to the 'I'm not going to have people walk over me' part, I guess, but I wouldn't consider an 'incident' like that worth my while, let alone all the effort you put in it :)

Boomhauer and rob lay like this.
  18. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There are two forums for VLG but leading the old bulls to the new watering hole doesn't seem to make that many drink. Yahoo is primarily social though it does have a lot of files/photos and database organization primitive as it is. Good stuff there.

Flashy social media doesn't fix cars ...

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'll disagree that this issue is a prime reason for the lack of discussion (on all forums) on Diablos. Look at all the Countach content available and I'll assume the DIY % is even lower there. And yes, the Countach is more iconic....but even so, there is a wider range of topics discussed.

20. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    That happens here too......I was a victim of that. Hurt at the time, got over it.

Boomhauer likes this.
  21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    rob lay likes this.
  22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm one of the most involved admins of any car forum plus we have a 2nd full time admin with Jack. We also have a couple dozen of the best and active mods. L-T has about 1/50th the traffic we have and still can't keep it up properly.

23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You absolutely have one of the best forums out there.....which is why it is a bad look to pick on a smaller forum, bragging about traffic and such.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    just defending what a great community this is.