Our First Prancing Pony | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Our First Prancing Pony

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    MDEL likes this.
  2. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Another 1000 miles enjoyed as of this AM.
    That's a grand total of 18 K miles, roughly 30 thousand km enjoyed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I blurred out the max speed, because although plodding along by F-chat standards, it may have been above posted speed limit. No reason to confirm or deny on a public forum.

What to do while waiting for the train?

I know, I'll finally figure out how to adjust the time to daylight savings! Praise be, it was a long train. I'd love to know who designed the interface on the Cali...T

tommygun64 likes this.
  3. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Glad you’re out enjoying it Tom! We’re right at the same mileage. Got mine back from F Greensboro yesterday with a new battery and a water valve warranty repair. Enjoyed her for 50 fun miles and gave her a proper Obsessed Garage approved bath this morning. She’s all tucked in for the rain headed this way.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Water valve? Yikes.

Glad she's back and clean. If you're getting the rain we had here in Texas the last few days, there should be some beautiful weather on the other side. Today was just a gorgeous day for Ferrari driving!

T

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A man after my own heart. Enjoy the heck out of it.
    Tom, there's no shame in showing your top speed was only 45 mph! :D:D:D

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lol. Thanks, Paul. Keep it on the down low, please; I don't want everyone to know I'm one of those posers who likes to style and profile in their Cali at low speed, top down with my collar popped.

Here I am getting ready for a cars and coffee with some of my friends.

T

Elisesko likes this.
  7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think our spate of gorgeous weather is about to take a hiatus. So, driving it every chance I get.

Ferrari makes holiday shopping a cinch!

Yes, those are mashed tater flakes. Don't judge me. Guilty pleasure...T

8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thank you for sending your nice weather East. 70 today and 78 tomorrow. Top coming down before the frigid 53 on Wednesday. Keep enjoying it!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom it's so pleasing to see how you continuo driving and enjoying your Cali like you did on the first day. That day if I remember was already back in 2016.

PS- I like the picture with the shopping bags in front of the passenger seat :)

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You lucky scoundrel! I'm jealous.
    It was 60s when I got up to walk the dog this morning. It's low 50s now. And it's still dropping. I wanted to sneak in a last drive this morning, but couldn't clear my calendar. Stupid work!

Lol. No complaints though. It's been mostly gorgeous driving weather for a few weeks now.

T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Amazingly. 4 years this spring. Time flies when you're having fun: another proverb proven true by Ferrari.

Hope all is well with you, Mario, and that you're enjoying your lovely F12.

T

MDEL likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hmm. Parked my Cali betwixt and between Maserati. Subtle not to the rumor about the Cali being originally a Maser?!?

New shoes! A gift from my lovely wife. After all the rave reviews, I replaced the MPSSs with the Michelin Pilot 4Ss. K2 spec, of course. Old tires had about 16K miles on them, including one track day, but were approaching 3 - 4 years old. So, after a little nagging from the missus, out with the old, in with the new. It's a tad too cool to push them, but the tires seem quite good thus far.

First drive of the year. Just gorgeous weather here in DFW.

T

13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom the ones of us that own and drive Ferraris can be considered very lucky persons because that's an extravagance that only some few can have. By reading this post I discovered that apart from all this luckiness, you are also extremely lucky for having a wife no one else I know has. A wife that gifts the husband with four MPPS 4S isn't simply a wife she is a dream wife
    An happy new year to you and to your lovely wife……..:)

tomc likes this.
  14. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    Weather has been outstanding for open top motoring. Glad you are having a ton of fun.

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks! Definitely. I was worried when the fall started off cool and rainy, but it's been more often gorgeous than not for the last few months. What part of Texas are you from?
    T

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Mario. Happy new year to you and your family. The missus is a peach, no doubt about it. She loves the Cali as much as I do. Best wishes for 2020...T

MDEL likes this.
  17. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    Houston - today will be exactly 1 year of Cali T in the garage. It’s been a lot of fun as well.

tomc likes this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    MDEL likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The drive for 25 continues! Passed 24 K miles. The Ivory Wonder, just back from annual service. Interesting, the color looks in this pic, almost Bianco Avus. Always like taking the F-car out for a long shake down cruise after the annual. With several biz trips canceled due to COVID19, I may actually get more seat time. Prayers to our brothers and sisters across the globe fighting this pandemic.
    T

AD211 and SLViper1 like this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    In these troubling times, it is critical to practice safe Ferrari-ing.
    White glove treatment in the Cali.
    BTW, in Texas, this is what we call (at least I do!) the redneck salute.
    Hands @ 10 & 2, two index fingers erect. On a two-lane road, it's Texas etiquette
    to flash the salute to oncoming drivers. Note, that if you are from NYC, the
    fingers used are not the index fingers. :D
    Stay safe people.
    T

22. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Keep on enjoying it Tom! Put off that nasty Roma talk. I’m sure the sound doesn’t compare. You could always Velcro an iPad to your dash. I put mine up for sale with the thought of moving to a 458. But, no real takers and prices are dropping so I’m keeping it and enjoying it. Passed 24k last weekend and nice weather coming this weekend. Shooting for 100k. I may add a C8 unless they become saturated around town. My neighbor just picked up a corsa/tan Porto. Beautiful I must say.

Keep driving!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Funny you say iPad, 'cause that's what it looks like to me.

100 K? That'd be awesome! We just past 18 K miles on our watch on the Cali today. At our current rate of 4.5K miles per annum, the wife and I will be well into our dotage by the time we hit 100 K!

T

24. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom the good chauffeur never does without a pair of white gloves LOL
    I would be very happy if I could drive my Ferrari and I wouldn't mind wearing white gloves. Unfortunately due to the tight confinement measures that have been enforced in the majority of European countries that's not possible anymore. Now when I get nostalgic I go to my garage and switch on the engine just to listen to the symphonic sound.
    Let's hope we can get rid of this pandemic in order that life goes back to normality. Until then make sure the virus doesn't get inside your Ferrari while you driving around.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks Mario. Since that pic was taken, we are now under a stay at home order in our part of Texas. So, no Cali driving for me. This scourge will pass, and the time for driving Ferrari will come again. But, until then, more important things must be dealt with. I hope you and yours are safe and well...T

MDEL likes this.