Our Pista has arrived... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Our Pista has arrived...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Nov 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That's pretty awesome!

2. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Yes the disable button is above the rear view mirror.

09Scuderia, of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Maggie is adorable and worth it. Eagerly awaiting if you will be kind enough to share some driving impressions.

Happy Thanksgiving to all celebrating and thankful wishes for being here and able to enjoy these fine things and experiences with you!

4. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am going to make a few short videos.

Driving Impressions.

First off, I am objective. If I don't love this car I will sell it.

I am still forming my opinions on the Pista..so, stay tuned. I am pretty sure that this is a peak car for us.

1) It's stupid fast. Even with the tires warm from a roll, it will smoke the tires in 1st, second and third. Just never ending power. I know there are faster cars, but I will never need (or maybe want) more power than the this. No turbo lag. Nothing anywhere. Just instant power. The power seems to never stop. Its the fastest car I have ever driven or ridden in. Took my friend out who has a Z06...he is also an ex SEAL and Marine...he couldn't believe how much faster it felt vs the Z.

2) In all modes up to Race its very very stable. Julie commented on this. Not ONCE today did she tell me to slow down etc. We drove Lime Creek (constant turns) and the car was just plain glued.

3) The ride is far smoother vs our previous supercars. The ride is actually surprisingly comfortable in bumpy mode.

4) Exhaust sounds perfect. In race mode, it does sound like the valves in the exhaust stay open all the time. I still think the 360CS owns the exhaust sound wars...maybe our 458 Spider with the Ferrari Sports Exhaust were better. Well, our sold Aventador Roadster was probably king.

5) The transmission is of course class leading. I really do love the little shove they engineered into the shifts.

6) The car is just plain gorgeous. It maybe a 488 in its heart but it only shares the doors and mirrors with the 488. Every panel on the car (all CF) are unique to the Pista. I didn't realize how stunning it is from all perspectives.

7) Overall paint quality etc. MILES better vs our previous Ferraris. Actually, our Cali T was pretty perfect. Will report more on this after I do a complete detail.

More coming...

uhn2000, stavura, johnr265 and 15 others like this.
  5. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Great initial write up - Makes the wait for ours to arrive even more exciting!

Just been advised that our Pista is on the production line now and should be here in the UK next month which is several months earlier than we dared hope for!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Middle winter for you....maybe you will get a few clear days. Mega car. Clearly, Ferrari knew they were making something for the ages with the Pista...

uhn2000 likes this.
  7. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    Lime Creek has tons of rocks all over it right now. You are a mad man sir.

I'm waiting on the "chip seal" to be fully gone before I go back out there, and I have full XPEL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  8. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016

Do you think it's faster than 720S? :)

9. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    thank you so much for sharing your first impressions.....we are waiting for more and more
    as said.....makes the wait for ours to arrive even more exciting!

happy Thanksgiving to everybody

of2worlds, Shadowfax and crinoid like this.
  10. Alamo Gear Head

Alamo Gear Head Karting
    BANNED

Sep 28, 2015
    Your first impressions are getting me more excited about this car. I'm down in San Antonio and have a Pista on order and currently drive a 488 with a Novitec ECU tune claiming 100hp gains(760hp). Have taken the car out to COTA a few times these past few months and have experienced similar to your comments about speed. Ran slicks because I couldn't get that much power down without spinning and having traction control kick in. With all the weight reductions and performance enhancements, the Pista looks to live up to its name! We were at the Pista Spyder unveiling there in Austin before F1, but have yet to see a RC coupe up close. Keep your comments coming and hope to see you around these hillcountry roads!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    day after...my neck is a little stiff. More driving today and then off to the my detail shop. Our detail shop at our little ranch in Georgetown.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Wish you would have told me this before....oh well.

13. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
  14. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Can’t speak to track times but acceleration on regular roads 720 feels like it pulls harder than the pista. I would imagine the lighter weight had lots to do with it. But Pista and 720 are both more than quick enough for street driving in my opinion. Side note: GT2RS feels quicker than both up to around 100mph. Would love to see some official comparisons.

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  15. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Yeah, even Brooks from Dragtimes says he has a video of a 720S beating a Pista. I think now it's fairly obvious that the Pista is slower than the 720S. Kinda sad really. But I guess Ferrari isn't interested in drag races. ;)

16. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Not so sure . R and T shows the Pista 0-150mph at 11 sec flat! That’s really fast and should beat or match the average 720. I currently own a 720 and its a great car but I’m hoping my Pista (delivery next Summer) will outrun it. Either way I’m confident the Pista will be amazing. There have been independent tests with the GT2 RS against the 720 and Pista and both are faster than the Porsche. The GT2 has better traction off the line maybe to 80-100 mph but after that it’s game over.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    What was the 0-150 with R&T for the 720? Same outfit doing the test is probably more valid.

18. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    720S is capable of hitting 150 mph in under 10.5 seconds. I think 10.2 seconds from R&T. Nearly a second faster. Personally I'm disappointed in Ferrari. I really was hoping for Pista to beat the 720S.

19. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Not interested in drag races, track times, efficiency, lightness... maybe just driving pleasure or at least beautiful cars.

stavura, Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  21. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ash Patel and of2worlds like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Ferrari has put out a beast in the Pista. The reviews are great. The owners are happy. It’s good competition. And when there is competition, us end users are the ones that benefit from having great choices.

Looking forward to seeing more of the OPs pics and thoughts on his car.

23. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    A nice car sure, but not a beast its slower in every metric than a 720s and that's a 2017 normal series car. Imagine the LT version....
    Sure soon Ferrari will launch the higher than 488 range but so will Mac.

In the end of the day the Tesla roadster will silently eat all ICE cars for breakfast ahah. Crazy times and the true winner is the consumer.
    I will wait in the bench a little before my next purchase.

Ash Patel likes this.
  24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Congrats on the car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Agree. I have all three but recently sold the 720. They are all very fast cars and each has its own characteristics and shouldn’t be judged solely based on drag times or track times. We are blessed to own these phenomenal cars. So go enjoy these beautiful toys.

stavura, Ash Patel, MANDALAY and 5 others like this.