Our Pista has arrived... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Our Pista has arrived...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, Nov 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    AND we all absolutely LOVE your garage... :)

of2worlds likes this.
  2. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Thanks ! Took a long time to build.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah it looks really good. Congrats on that. I'm envious of your garage forgetting about whats even in it car-wise. Looks great - you did a great job with that.

4. Alamo Gear Head

Alamo Gear Head Karting
    BANNED

Sep 28, 2015
    I can attest to the following;
    1. Extremely consistent on power delivery, very smooth and predictable!
    2. Drivability remains the same as stock in sport mode, race and ct off will unleash the extra power. Will break tires loose if not careful. So far no reliability problems at over 5K miles and 3 track weekends.
    3. Has to be the fastest car I’ve ever driven!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Please post pics!

6. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    Great to hear. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Alamo Gear Head

Alamo Gear Head Karting
    BANNED

Sep 28, 2015
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    #108 JTSE30, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. KINGMONKEY

KINGMONKEY Formula 3

Aug 16, 2008
    San Diego / Roma
    Full Name:
    J K
    What was sticker on the car? .Mine is on order

10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    I started another thread pointing out the 488GTB whether the alarm is on or not with the car off the rear LEDS of the 3rd brake light are on.

Many confirmed the same and even those who own spiders.

Could you possibly see if the PISTA is the same ?

11. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
  12. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    The Pista is a very cool car and I wish I could afford one. Congrats to the OP on such a fine automobile.

I was surprised at how much of a gap there was in lap times between the Pista and the GT2 RS in this month's Road & Track (given the GT2 RS has less bhp than the Pista). The GT2 RS pulled a full 3 seconds per lap on the Pista on a 1:27 lap...that is an eternity.

Was also a little surprised that the ZR1 managed to be 1.5 seconds per lap faster than the Pista. Road & Track had an Indy 500 driver conducting the tests so I think there is validity in their numbers.

I know personally my Scuderia really struggles with grip, especially compared to my 2018 GT3. Not sure why the Ferrari mid-engine V8's have this issue. The Ferrari chassis is a lot of fun on the streets and the "tail-out option" at any time makes them entertaining but lack of grip is definitely a limiting factor for lap times.

kevin1244 likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    On a different track (Anglesey), the Pista was quicker than the 2 RS.

14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Did the 2 RS had the new cup 2 R like the Pista?

15. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Very dependent on the track as mid-engine cars are quite different than a rear engine car like a Porsche (actually, Porsche is quite unique in that). Just to be sure: Porsche has big weight of the engine on the rear tires which are massive in width. That by itself generates much traction. However, Porsche at the limit of its traction can easily snap and get you in trouble quickly while the Ferrari mid-engine is much more manageable. I have both cars; GT3 /GT3 RS and an older Ferrari (CS - my Pista on its way) and I track these cars. FWIW, or perhaps to some people's dismay (or disagreement) on this forum, I enjoy driving my Porsche's on the track much more than my Ferrari's...unless someone offers me to drive an FXX K some day :)

of2worlds and tekaefixe like this.
  16. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah, the Porsche to me is not as manageable on the track but IMO that makes the Ferrari more fun. I am a good bit faster in my 488 than I was in my 991tts.

17. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    I did not mean to say Porsche's are unmanageable on the track at all or slower than a Ferrari. In fact, to me the challenge that the Porsche presents to the driver is the fun part of it. The way a Porsche is driven on the track: slow into the corner, tail braking, fast exit out of the corner - you can (almost) floor the pedal at the apex.
    Well...different cars, different philosophies, different tracks, different driver skills, so many variables. There is no definitive statement here...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Stay tuned...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's more or less the way any car should be driven on track, isn't it? (except for the 'slow into the corner', which is relative - included for a Porsche; the corner is entered on the brakes in any case, with degressive braking up to the apex, more or less).
    With more performance one may pretend to be quick without doing that, but that's missing a part of the possibilities.

kevin1244 likes this.
  20. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    More or less: with my Ferrari, I can carry more speed into the corner than my Porsche, but I find it harder to get on the gas as much as I do in the Porsche. There is dependence on the track, of course, but great example is Laguna Seca, Corkscrew, where I can be hot on the gas with the Porsche and things are good, while once I spun my Ferrari right out of it by being aggressive on the gas. And even though there is also a dependence on the driver, this is what I hear from others as well.