Out of hospital | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Out of hospital

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jonny5, Jul 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Not in any way medically qualified, just know a bit about one or two medical conditions. What I'd like to know in Jon's case is what triggered it. Necrosis is only ever seen in a pathological setting, which is why the normal reading is so low. In fact the only setting I know of other than those mentioned is the centre of solid tumours; blood supply is highly disorganised so the centre of the tumour starves of oxygen and goes necrotic. You get the picture- it's difficult to connect that with swollen ankles. If I'd just been to hell and back like Jon, I'd want to know why.

2. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I'll take your word for it Kev, it's a mystery to me, so hope Jon finds out why?

3. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Jesus, nightmare... Did you miss much of the race.

4. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    Jon

Unbelievable story - glad it looks like a happy ending.

I hope you take the time as Kevin suggests to find out all the facts about the causes.

Good luck with the F40.

5. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    ****in hell, sounds pretty scary

Glad your on the mend!

6. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Hi mate,

Glad you're on the mend, and here's to a speedy return to full health and, naturally, a speedy return to enjoying the finer things in life.

All the best
    Jamie

7. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    The doctors really don't know how it came about, one suggestion was extreme dehydration, moderate amount of drink (possibly spiked with drugs) or I was poisoned.

Unfortunately they didn't screen my blood as they were focussed on keeping me alive.

It's really annoying that i'll never know how this fully happened. I actually have no recollection of the first 7 days.

8. Jonny5

Jonny5 Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    Yes, this happened at 10:00 at night.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Some may recall that whenever one has an ankle injury - it is written that one should elevate their ankle. But to how high? Above the heart. Ideally - for 48 hours. That's a long time, but there is a reason.

My initial thought was and remains the onset owed in large part to the ankle(s) injury, as the ankle area is where our "second" heart (pump) is. In my minds eye, the tandem of this injury with any manner of intangibles such as any amount (it needn't be much) of beer or the like containing some alcohol - set off a chain reaction - like dominoes.

If your Doctor didn't share these tidbits with you, share them with him/her and any other medical professional who acts mystified. It'll get the cause/effect/treatment and most importantly - you - rolling a whole last faster, let alone, save you from pumping worries, time and money away.

10. woza

woza Karting

Aug 27, 2004
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Warren O'Connell
    that is awful, glad ur on the way to recovery mate, good luck with the f40, make sure you let us all know and post pictures!!

Woza.

11. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    There could be a compelling case for a pharmacological cause, but sometimes the human body does bizarre things; sometimes for good and sometimes for bad.

12. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Glad your'e OK now. Good luck for the longer term.

rgds
    James