Outlaw 308 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Outlaw 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Vonbarron, Jul 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Then did a Hollywood style render, guys it’s not finished or real, just a fancy render, shading is a little off, gravel looks fake
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    I think that going with a traditional colour doesn’t work with such a radical build. I would go with something like metallic black, a very mat paint, metal wrap etc. Just my 2c.

3. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Well that's rather clever. Nice touch! (The fenders, not the renders...)

4. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
  5. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    See the brown on the quarter? that is surface rust that was under the primer

6. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    The paint won’t be anything normal, way back in my other life I did quite a bit of custom painting and for sure will do something obnoxious
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

cavallo_nero, carguyjohn350 and rob like this.
  7. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Good! This car is definitely from the dark side and needs an appropriate livery.

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #133 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jun 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Use the BBLM for inspiration. This came to mind when I saw the rear fender. If it looks anything like this you have a winner.

Also, the yellow 348c, was my daily driver event car for a while. I put over 50k miles on her, most of the major tracks, and ruined my ears in the process. I still have it, but don't drive much anymore; it's the first 348c, and won the last 348c Ferrari NA series. So I get it, a race car for all seasons and all reasons. Radical. BTW out of all the cars I'm lucky enough to drive the 348c is the most fun. This includes the F40 on the other side of the 360. Great build, make it sinister but classy, in the Ferrari tradition. Just my 2 cents...

https://www.forza-mag.com/issues/171/articles/born-to-race

BJK and The Dark Side of Will like this.
  9. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Great artwork by the way. Your rear fender reminds me a little of this, one of my all time favorites. This will be a neat build. I'd love to have a great 308.

The Dark Side of Will likes this.
  10. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I’ve definitely been influenced by those pictures Juan, I played around with pictures, I sit and contemplate the actual car before I do anything, therapy. I’m only one guy so it’s is frustrating I can’t bang out projects with a crew like the old days but it’s a nice lesson in patience. A daily challenge car, sign me up! I’m hard of hearing anyway, I’m keeping an eye out for beater GT4’s, I have an idea for one later down the road

11. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    I've been looking at the pics and progress and its a fantastic project. Today for the 1st time it occurred to me that here in PA you'd have add mudflaps to drive it on the street which would be less than ideal visually...you good to go where you live with open rear fenders?

12. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    We have open fender laws, but fair weather makes it legal, I use to drive a 32 coupe open wheeled rain or shine to work for a couple years, had a fake windshield wiper painted on the glass, was only pulled over once in a rain storm and was let go, I’ve never been pulled over in the wall of death speedster in all the years of driving in bad weather, Risks that are worth it

13. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    As what always happens when I set aside some fab time on a late Friday afternoon, get all ready to go, lay down some beads and I ran out of welding gas, decided to do a little archeological dig on the front end and see what’s what in the headlight area.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    If your using crack cocaine as your five hour energy boost while you build your ultimate Ferrari, put the pipe down and seek professional help also maybe get help for the crack

15. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M
    Great work and great thread. The inclusion of the photo showing the painting of crosses on Luftwaffe wings was comedy gold.

16. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    What was that comment for?

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I think he was referring to whomever did the previous headlight area repair.

18. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    In my head it all makes sense

19. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Everything is everything.

20. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    lol... ok
    I just couldn't make out if it was a jab at the OP or not.

21. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Man, no kidding. I've had this idea rattling around in my brain for modifying a GT4. It involves stuffing a 355 motor into it. I think the thing would be a blast. I'm afraid I have more ideas than talent...

rob likes this.
  22. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    The Dark Side of Will and rob like this.
  23. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I want to build my perfect Ferrari which is a 328 with a 308 interior and a 355 powertrain unfortunately I'm also in the more ideas than talent category.

24. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Whaddya got stuffed into that little bugeye?

25. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Turbocharged Suzuki Hayabusa motor/trans (1300cc motorcycle).

steved033 and rob like this.