Owner "goodies" delivered originally with Ferraris | FerrariChat

Owner "goodies" delivered originally with Ferraris

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Erik330, Jul 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Does anyone know what "goodies" were delivered originally with cars like the 250 GT, 275GTB/4, 330 GT 2+2, and 330 GTC?

I know that later cars had leather covers for the owner's manual/service book, etc. and key fobs. Was this true for the earlier cars as well?

Also, were there any "hang tags" or decals on the windshields giving running-in instructions?

Thanks for any replies.

2. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Great question. For my 1965 330 GT2+2, there was the toolkit, obviously, and a pouch with the Owner Manual, Parts Manual, and a little booklet with the names and addresses of Ferrari dealerships. As the car has power windows, it also came with an emergency window winder.

I'll bet Tom Shaugnessy will know, as it's his business to provide these.

Cheers,
    Jon

3. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    fitted luggage was an option on earlt cars, although technically it is not made by Ferrari

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The clock did have a hang tag, good thought!

I was amazed when detailing a 1977 308GTB recently to look down and see the string from this tag still around the clock stem, in 2004!

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the cars from the sixties and early seventies had many items that came in a simple cardboard box. many dealers through the box out . the box contained tools, a jack, owners manuals and the like. what came with the car varies from car to car and year to year. there is no set rule on what you got (ie- this triangle had to go with this year model version of the xxxxxx). although there are generally accepted items for each car and model year, nothing was set in stone. to better determine what a specific car had, you may want to clarify the make and year model you want to find out more about.

6. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Specifically for me, the Series 1 330 GT 2+2 ca. late 1964, early 1965 would be of interest.

Thanks for the responses so far, I suspected that you got more than a tool kit and an owner's manual. :)

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i would love to see pics of the ferrari key fobs if anyone has any!!

8. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
  9. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Ha! Didn't make the connection. I enjoy your website.

Thanks!

10. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB