P & J's gone in. | FerrariChat

P & J's gone in.

Discussion in '360/430' started by br d, Sep 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. br d

br d Rookie

Jun 27, 2008
    My F430 F1 - picked up 6 weeks ago with just 900 miles on the clock, absolutely immaculate - is having some 'issues'. On a couple of occasions since I bought it I've noticed jerky pull aways and a drop in power, this cleared after a couple of minutes and TBH I thought it was something I was doing wrong. Then on Friday night, just pootling, everything lovely, stopped to make a phone call and on pulling away again big probs. Car was juddering, complete loss of power, like driving a milk float. Got 2 warning lights, the one for broken suspension plus the orange 'SLOW DOWN' which apperantly indicates a damaged electronic diff.
    I limped it home. Once home I parked up, shut down then restarted and everything was back to normal.

Rang my dealer Saturday morning, can't fault the response, had ferrari assist there by 10:30, car loaded on the trailer and into dealers by 11:30. The service guy said best not to drive it up as the problem is becoming worse and to be frank I've lost a bit of confidence in her by now, didn't want to get stuck on the A12. They will look at it tomorrow morning.

Now I know it doesn't have either a broken suspension or diff so I'm presuming that when a problem occurs the car automatically cuts the power and throws up warnings to stop you doing anything stoopid, would this be correct? Could this be as simple as some dodgy software?
    Anyone had similar?

I realise this is probably something minor so it's not really spoiling my (huge!) enjoyment of the car but all the same it's a bit galling to have things like this occurring within 6 weeks buying for the thing. Hope they can trace it.

brad

2. CSISNEXT

CSISNEXT Karting

Dec 19, 2007
    what year is your F430?
    Had a somewhat similar experience with my 07. Turned out I was 'babying' the car a bit too much. Once I started driving it the way it wanted (temperamental little bit*h...heh heh), all was fine. Basically was told by my dealer (who did a complete check out for me) to drive it a bit harder. I was more than happy to oblige, and it never happened again!!

p.s. make sure you didn't get a bad tank of gas - that's another potential explanation.

Wishing you the best with yours...