P0152/P0132 codes even after replacing LOT$ of parts...getting frustrated. | FerrariChat

P0152/P0132 codes even after replacing LOT$ of parts...getting frustrated.

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by RedNeck, Aug 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I can't get rid of this code. The plugs and both front O2 sensors were replaced by the previous owner less than 2 years ago (I've really only put 1xxx miles on the car since I've got it. I spent the last few months with the intake off. Replaced ALL coils, ALL injectors, ALL manifold gaskets, battery, terminals, plus heat exchanger (unrelated). Might try throwing new plugs in again, in case one might have gotten fouled while running the car with the code. Could cats/exhaust cause this? Did NOT get the misfire codes that were associated last time (yet). I'm at my wit's end with this and am losing interest quickly.

BOTH front O2 sensors read 1.4V with the engine off. seems unlikely it would be a wiring or computer issue since there are 2 separate ECM's for each bank. Car seems to be running fine, what's left? Starting to get really frustrated.

[​IMG]

2. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Matt have you removed the plugs and examined the wires inch by inch to ensure you don't have a short?

3. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    Could also be fuel starvation due to old pumps. Have seen it v often on Ferraris / My car used to backfire every now and again. Finally both pumps died. I feel they have a limited life span specially if not used v often. Could cause rough running. Did you also swap Mass airflow meters?

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Did not see any shorts looking at the wires, also checked continuity to ensure no shorts.

That crossed my mind as well. Both MAFsensors were replaced when plugs/O2 sensors were changed.

5. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    The fuel pumps have rubber housings that perish overtime and the gunk accumulates in the base. Starts with erratic fuel supply and if the car is unused for an extended period you will get a fuel tank with deep yellow petrol due to scaling. Its happened to my 550 Maranello, F360, Maserati3200 and Maserati4200. All similar pumps. Just remove the check nut from below the car nd take a sample of about 1 litre petrol and see its colour. If its not transparent or blue , may as well clean the tanks . I paid around USD 600 for 2 NEW pumps for my car.

You mentioned O2 sensors . How about the more common issue of the Exhaust ECU's. Their Green insulation cracks over time and they have a high failure rate, Same ones as in F355, 550 F50 etc. I remember doing a full replacement in my car with the Thermocouples, sensors and ECU stations for a 550 Maranello.

6. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    Just saw your post again and you said car is running fine. So doubt if its fuel related.

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I may replace the fuel pumps only because I don't know how old they are....getting a little tired of throwing $$ and parts at the problem though. I replaced both Cat ECU's with the upgraded Gothspeed versions a few months ago.

8. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    From what you say, car is running fine. So the codes you get are only academic then. Wonder if its because you are not using a SD2 Diagnostic tool?

9. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The fuel rail has a psi test port. A test is easy to do if you have the kit. IIRC you will see about 45-50 psi on the gauge if your pumps are fine.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Very unlikely. I use a generic ELM 327 scan tool and have always received accurate P-code diagnostics on my previous F355 Spider and my current 430 Scuderia.

Can we assume the OP tried swapping O2 sensors left to right to see if the problem moved? I would also inspect the pins on both plugs to ensure they are secure and not backing out when the plugs are connected.

Also, have you confirmed the sensors are the correct type and part number, and are installed in the correct positions (not swapped with front in the rear position and vice versa)?

taz355 likes this.
  11. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    My guess as above is either wrong sensor or wrong position swapped to front by accident.

If the plugs reach unplug rear and plug into front. Maybe the sensors are correct just plugged into wrong wires going to the ecu

Qavion likes this.
  12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    O2 sensors were verified by me, AND the shop that did my annual, will check the connections against wiring diagram and verify they are plugged in correctly, although if I remember, they can only reach the correct harness. Good idea though.

13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I m missing something, what car model do you have?

14. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me

15. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    There is no way to get the o2 sensors mixed up in a 360. The front is wide band 6 wires, the rear is 4 wires.

16. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    So to be clear, you have verified the part numbers on the O2 sensors are correct?? There is a notorious problem with the Bosch parts look up for F355s. Bosch has the wrong part numbers listed, causing many folks to install the incorrect O2 sensors and get CE lights. I doubt the book is in error for F360s, but you have physically confirmed the part numbers on your O2 sensors are correct? Have you tried swapping them left to right sides? Just to see if the problem moves or stays

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Yes the part numbers on the parts have been verified, the sensors are from ricambi, verified with the Bosch cross reference. When switched, the problem does not move, it is happening on both Banks

18. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    As Mitchell said they dont plug in
    I did not realize they were diff
    Thanks Mitchell