P0780 Code, help? | FerrariChat

P0780 Code, help?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 1 BAD BURB, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    Anyone ever get this code? I was on some back country roads driving my ‘06 430 like it’s supposed to be and clicking thru the gears up and down...
    she pops into Neutral on its own. I upshift and it goes to 6th. Runs fine for a bit but I get the CEL. 40 min later, ripping gears again and same thing, pops into N.

It’s drives fine. Clutch is fine (60% left) and no other issues are apparent.

Any idea what this code would relay to? Things I should check?

Thanks all!

2. Bill ochrane

Bill ochrane Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Galveston, Texas
    Full Name:
    William Cochrane
    Google it.
    When the code P0780 is set in the Powertrain Computer, it means that the Powertrain Computer or PCM is seeing a greater or smaller than specified RPM difference between the rotational speed of the Input Shaft and the Transmission Output Shaft as the transmission shifts gears.

pilotoCS likes this.
  3. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    I did indeed do that. And called dealer as well. They suggested the shift potentiometer is starting to fail. Apparently common issue on these cars.
    I will report back when I get it figured out. No issues running on the highway or normal driving. Thanks for your comment. Much appreciated.

4. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    What ended up being the cause? Same thing happened to me

5. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    Never came back and no issues. Might have been a fluke? Not sure tho but I’ve put on 500 more miles and it’s been good. Sorry I’m no help here. But if it comes back. I’ll holler.