P1 replacement. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

P1 replacement.

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by gt4me, Dec 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Really!? Damn I feel bad for whoever bought the auction car

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what tech did they use other than same old cf monocage 2? and how light will it really be with fluids when measured by independent source?

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Let McLaren. They can have this mess.

4. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    You’re way too focused on the looks, they sick yeah, but you have to admire some of the technology, I get that you dislike McLaren like a lot of us but you have to admire them making some track weapons for their clients that are road legal. Ferrari could learn from that and make some but obviously not that ugly

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    It's like an "art film". People appreciate the "ground breaking" subject but no one goes to the cinema to see it.

6. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Yet it’s sold out. If you think Ferrari customers wouldn’t appreciate a Ferrari track weapon with innovation like this you’re a bit delusional. Yes the TDF, Speciale, things like that are amazing are so beautiful, but there is for sure a market for a car like this that Ferrari could fill that void and show McLaren you can make a weapon of a car without it looking like something made with body kits for a Honda S2000. Have a good one mayor

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

You can always fine 500 speculators for anything out there. Good for them. The rest of us will shake our heads

8. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Sold out just like they said 720 was sold out through 2018...yet dealers have them sitting unsold. Hmmm.

Will this sell out yes. Will it go for P1 post secondary pricing? Nope I bet not.

9. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
    Never claimed it would go for P1 pricing or anything, I’m just admiring the technology for weight savings and the engine. I don’t want Ferrari to build a car that looks like this but it would be great to see their interpretation on a track focused road car.

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The more I see it, the more my lunch just hurls up a little bit more up my esophagus. No Ferrari- please don't build this or anything like this. Who cares about weight savings when have to wear a paper bag on your head cause you are too embarrassed to be seen in it.

Im shaking my head wondering who gave the green light for the design. Sure its limited, sure it will sell out but good lord- its just awful.

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound

Image Unavailable, Please Login

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    There is not one angle on this car that looks nice, can't believe Mclaren made a car so ugly. Its like Honda had some influence in the design.

Bas likes this.
  13. bonneau13

bonneau13 Karting

Oct 18, 2009
    California
  14. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #64 Igor Ound, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    Most Ferrari owners probably don’t need a track focused street legal monstruosity that’s good only to brag about lap times on internet forums. They drive to the track in their tastefully styled road car where their track Ferrari is being prepared for them. ;)

And at the price of this POS it’s not like they’d end up much worse off.

15. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I hope we've reached peak fugly.

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    G. Pepper likes this.
  17. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Wow, that's really awful. Never seen it before. What's it called? Abomno FUG?

18. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercar/gallery-meet-one-mclaren-x-1

“This, fair ladies and gentlemen of Top Gear’s rusty corner of the Internet, is Audrey Hepburn. And an eggplant. And a grand piano. All rolled up into a McLaren Monocell. Meet the X-1.”

G. Pepper likes this.
  19. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    At least it was at the behest of a kooky client, and not a production model. I believe the Senna will become infamous because of its looks.

20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I'm sure it'll be closer to it's published weight than Ferrari, the 458 spec/scud and La Ferrari were all way off

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    What is the new tech that will make everyone forget how ugly it is?

Same v8tt, monocell 2, typical race car aero, suspension lowers in race mode, etc. That's all been seen before. Nothing new.

Igor Ound likes this.
  22. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

After all the knee jerk reactions to that full side orange car photo, the car has some particularly good angles and intricacies. Has anyone really ever sat in a car with a gorilla glass door doing 150mph on the interstate?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

gt4me likes this.
  23. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    yep, abstractly considered nothing, just extrem in its kind.

McLaren develops an extrem track focused car with all ingredients of racing, sold this for 750k pounds and puts this thing on ROAD TIRES? And then they claim that this contradiction happens within the meaning of Senna? All this bs just to be able to say we build the fastest "road car"?

In the Ferrari world you buy a challenge car e basta, unlimited racing fun guaranteed.

Ridiculous this project, a shame the entire "Senna" marketing story around it.

24. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    at very least, this time they better set some lap records and post the videos.

25. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No, I'm sure McLaren is working on a new "P" project as we speak.

G. Pepper likes this.