458 - P1115 error code causing CEL “Engine control system failure goto dealer” on 458 | FerrariChat

458 P1115 error code causing CEL “Engine control system failure goto dealer” on 458

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariCognoscenti, Aug 30, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I am getting a CEL every time I start the car with the error “Engine Control System Failure Goto Dealer”. I tried all the battery reset procedures and have a relatively new Antigravity so I know it’s not a battery issue. I have an OBD reader and just scanned my OBD port and got back error code P1115. Searches on the internet for P1115 show “Intake Air Temperature 2 Circuit High Input”.

Not sure what this is. Anyone that can offer advice on the P1115 error?

2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Unfortunately the Ferrari codes are often not very useful. I was getting a high cat temperature (would throw the car into limp mode) and it turned out to be a pre-cat O2 sensor.

Been lucky so far with all the tracking I’ve done this far. But both you and I have been running our 458s hard.

I would take it to a well respected mechanic, throwing parts at it can get pricey in a hurry. I have a great guy here but I’m in FL.

Hopefully (and most likely) it’s something minor, like a sensor.

3. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Thanks William.

Bumping in case anyone knows what this sensor is that likely needs replacement, or some other issue. Would like to avoid a trip to the dealer!