P90X ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

P90X ?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by parkerfe, Jan 12, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HighandDry

HighandDry Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2012
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Steve
    P90X is a great program. I started it 3 years ago (48 now) and still do some variations of it. Started at 5'11" at 175/35" waist and currently 155/31" waist. Use to wear a reg 42, but now am slim cut 40 in a suit.

As said above, there are a lot of exercises which can cause injury. I blew out my back while doing the Ab routine and another time doing the pylometric stuff. So, I cut out that stuff. Also cut out the high shoulder stress exercises such as dips, throwing motions with weights, etc.

I now do the arm and chest/back routines every week, yoga twice week, and aerobic once a week.

For weight loss, changing my diet helped the most. But as my wife said, if I had just lost the weight without gaining the muscle I would have looked weird.

2. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    I have tried a few of the popular beachbody programs as I have looked for more and different workouts.

I did not like P90X because I found the instructor, Tony to be tedious and annoying. I did not finish it. I just found myself dreading my workouts instead of looking forward to them.

I really liked Body beast and Instanity. Finished them both.

I also really like the one I am doing now called Jillian Michaels body revolution. The workouts are short and to the point. Most of the gals in the video are hot.

3. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I've been lifting for years, just doing my own thing. Just decided last week to run through p90x to mix things up. I like it so far, but I feel this need to "double up" so I'll take two days a week and also add a my own lifting routine at night. But for me, it's forced me to do quite a few excercises that I just wasnt doing... We'll see how it works out in another 2.8 months :)

4. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I am looking at p90x very seriously now. I have always been a bit over weight - I'm currently around 240lbs @ 5'11" and I have a wide build. I have been up to 255 this year and last year I had a personal trainer and got down to 232 but then put it all back on and lost some with a good diet and started aderall (perscribed). I just popped the question and I need to loose weight for the wedding, but really need to do something for me to feel better about myself. Everybody has told me, even trainers, that I have a body with so much potential. I have just never been an exercise junky - the trainer I had helped. I used to be a very avid cyclist and raced downhill MTB, I surf longboards on occasion in Santa Cruz, ride motorcycles and I dread running but have plenty of places around here to make it worth it - I just have to go.

I looked at this and insanity. I have a gut and love handles - always have. I have a very strong base underneath and unfortunately that means stripping a bolt every now and then when working on the car - the torque wrench is my friend. I think I need to generate more strength before moving to insanity based on everything I have read.

I am figuring out the right equipment to get and clearing some space in my garage since I live in a 2nd floor apartment. I am thinking some good adjustable dumbbells, a good section rubber floor to cover the concrete, work out mat, pull up bar and possibly the push up bars? Is there anything else you would suggest?

I will start a thread to keep accountable - starting with the ugly seflies and all. I need your help and motivation and accountability.

I will update once I get all the equipment. Any advise is definitely appreciated!

Cheers,
    Spencer

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    It's very hard to stay motivated and thus consistent . It works if you conquer those two things. If not, try crossfit it works well also and their comrodity model helps people stay motivated and consistent .