Pagani or Koenigsegg | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pagani or Koenigsegg

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by l'esecuzioneItaliana, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Benny absolutely loves his Pagani- said its not quite as fast as the Enzo but at those speeds, who cares? He said the quality is amazing, it's very comfortable and well put together- his only complaint was that there was no glove compartment (lol) and he was having the factory make one for his car.

l'esecuzioneItaliana, you have my number in you private messages, call me and I'll go into detail.

2. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Pagani has built around 40 cars and I imagine that maybe 6 are in the USA.
    Id go for the Pagani over the Koenigsegg, but not by much. The Koenigsegg has the no-roof for no-extra-money, the Zonda Roadster costs 80k more. But the Zonda has that awesome Benz V12, and 585hp in S trim (around 400 in regular form I thinks). The Kcar has more power (655) but its a force fed V8.
    From what Ive heard, seen and read the Zonda is like an Elise with a V12, while the Koenigsegg is brutish and raw.
    Id compare the Zonda, styling-wise, with a closed-roof F-50 (or F-18 for that matter :) ) while the Kcar looks like...well...not much else but for some reason the Kcar just doesnt excite me with its styling. But it does look nice, just the Zonda looks like a racecar from 2020.

If it were my money Id buy the Zonda S over the Koenigsegg CCs8, but the CCR would kick serious ass...805hp! If it gets built that is...

3. 92_348ts

92_348ts Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2002
    Boise, Idaho
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I guess I am in the minority here....I REALLY like the Koenigsegg. How could you not drool over those switchblade doors? Definitely out of my tax bracket, however if you have the means go for which ever one appeals to you.

One of the magazines I purchased recently (I can't remember which) had a Koenigseg vs. Zonda vs. Enzo comparison that was several pages in length. If interested, I can find it and get you the name and issue number.

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    yeah Wycleff's red Zonda was in teacneck nj for a few months. dont know where he keeps it now, while over see's i reccommend picking up potentially hard to get parts that would leave you with extended downtime. ie: spare clutch, brake pads, anything that would be routinely changed anyway....

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Last spotted in Florida with his black McLaren a month ago or so by an fchatter..

6. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I like the Zonda myself. The CC8 is a great car and I am a huge fan of the doors... but the over all stance, interior, engine, and those exhaust pipes of the Zonda are just the ultimate in automotive jewlery! I'm sure you will have a fabulous car either way. :) Good luck on your choice.

Happy driving.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Isn't Michael Lederman the guy from The Old Ogner (Auto Gallery) Dearlership in Woodland Hills?

8. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    Evo car of the year in 2001 or 2002, what more can you say?

I would have to go Zonda all the way. Love the "segg" but for me it is Pagani. Outside of really limited edition cars (i.e. Mclaren F1, Carrera GT, or Enzo) the Zonda is the only car I would buy over an Diablo 6.0/Murcielago. I have always wanted mid-engine V12 power before I leave this earth. Furthermore, according to Allan they have a 600bhp package. Hey but what can I say you are in a hell of delima!!!!

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The Zonda really is an incredible car. Even Gordon Murray the designer of the F1 said in an EVO article that is the one car that really impresses him.

10. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    The Zonda for me. although both are nice like it's already been said. CC Raw force. Zonda style and force. I am wonder which is better on the track though? As for work on both, isn't the engine in the CC a Ford V8? Not much to that. Don't know about tranny though.

If it were me (cant wait till it is) I would through a F50 in that mix of what to choose. Just me. Here is a site with vids for all three.

http://www.racingflix.com/browsevideos.asp?p=6

Let us know how it goes.

11. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    He didn't say that. He just said that, of all the boutique manufacturers, he felt Zonda could be considered the closest to an actual, credible car manufacturer. He also singled out Koenigsegg for some very unfair criticism, wondering if they really had a car at all. His words were hopelessly misguided. Christian Koenigsegg wrote a very nice and respectful response that put Mr. Murray in his place--it was printed in the next issue of EVO in the letters section.

Zonda has been experiencing extreme cash crunches, of exactly the same ilk that put an end to Bugatti when it was producing the EB110. Zonda might survive, but it is definitely on the ropes.

Koenigsegg, despite suffering a fire that wiped out the entire factory, moved into an abandoned airbase nearby and resumed production within a week. They have continued to make and refine their cars, and were recently admitted into the Guiness Book of World Records.

12. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  13. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Only 40 Zondas made? Im surprised they even decided to make a RHD version of it. I remember reading an artice on the SLR and mclaren wouldnt make any RHD versions due to the money required to do so.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    An F40 over both.

15. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    That's C-A-I-O-L-A, Kenny. :) It's news to me if my Uncle is selling his Zonda but then again what do I know? Here it is in my avatar!

Ben

16. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Well that's embarassing, SORRY! :)

Did you get my email?

17. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Zonda no question.

Ex F1 driver Martin Brundle test drove the Koennissegg for his DVD and said it was fast but didnt feel like a finished car, more of a prototype.

The car on the Gumball 3000 seemed to have a lot of problems. Their clutch went as well.

I love the exterior of the CC though. It looks like a stealth fighter on wheels (and supposedly sounds like one as well)

18. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yes, I got it thanks. Have you seen the commercial for Mr. Clean's new car washing product? Is that a Zonda in that commercial?

19. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I am not positive but I think that is a Daur 962. Correct me if I am wrong, anyone??

20. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Yeah, it looks like a Dauer, or even the Jag Lemans cars.
    ______

As for the OP, I prefer the looks of the Koenigsegg better. I still can't get over the anime rocketship rear end of the Zonda, although I would rather have the V12 than the V8. I'd go with the Koenigsegg I think, not having even seen either in person nor ever driven anything that fast/powerful (yet).

I don't know if this really changes anything as you're not likely to hit 200mph anywhere soon, but I thought I read in an EVO mag article where they tried to drive several cars to 200mph (I remember a TVR, a Porsche and a Zonda - think the modded 996TT was the only one to hit it) they could only get the Zonda up to 198mph.

21. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    The only place you could go that fast would be the Autobahn, or in the US, Interstate-90. On I-90 through Montana theres no speed limit.

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    why not buy a used Zonda c12, no an S, and shove a new TT Amg motor in it. Same car, only different motor. Ive seen the C12's advertised for 200,000 euros.

23. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Pagani and Chrysler are doing this. I believe the 800+hp quad turbo AMG motor from the Chrysler concept a few months back is about to be fitted into the next-gen Zonda. IIRC Zonda motors are AMG anyhow.

I have seen one in person when it was at our college, astounding car. It would be my choice without a doubt -- only other thing I'd consider is the Porsche Carrera GT as I like the styling and sound. I do not like the sound of the Zonda, it doesn't sound like an Italian car at all (for obvious reasons -- the motor is German).

24. JEBES

JEBES Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Växjö, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jonas
    I have not read all post here in this topic now. But if i have to choose between an pagini or koenigseggen i have take the koenigeggen imedlenty.

Im from sweden and koenigeggen too for you who doesent now that. For a coupel of years to go when the koenigeggen was completly new. maybe 1995-1996 or somthing like that. In that point von koenigegg was my neighbour. So i have met him many times an now him a litle. So i now lots of that car. I have not drive it but i have gone for a ride in it and it feels lika nothing i ever ride. Is it the cc or ccr you want to buy?
    I hope you understand my bad english here. Have many fun memorys from the development of the car. Have seen some prototypes in erly stadis etc. But my english is so bad so it is realy hard to me to teel.

25. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Its Koenigsegg, not Koenigeggen.