Paging Art!!!!The Death of CART !!! | FerrariChat

Paging Art!!!!The Death of CART !!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by FLATOUTRACING, Dec 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Art,

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=82133

You and I discussed this issue on the phone two years ago and I swore CART wouldn't go under. It appears you were right ! This is quite sad that the pinnacle of US open wheel racing is going to vanish and we are left with IRL entertainment (not a bad race series but totally different).

I can remember driving hours to CART races at Mid-Ohio, Cleveland, the road course at the Meadowlands, and of course several Indy 500's (Pre-IRL).

Names like Rahal, Andretti, Unser, Fittipaldi, Sullivan, and the great Rick Mears.

What a total waste of a good concept. Pook really didn't do anything except line his pockets with a nice bonus and salary.

Last hope is that Bernie steps in and buys the series. Considering the series is worth nothing now it might be cheap.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Very sad indeed, but CART got only itself to blame. Its management has sucked for years with one dumb decision after another.

And quite frankly with the recent blood draining, there weren't that many great drivers left anyway.

Would be nice if Bernie buys it. Not only to rescue it, but whatever Bernie touches, turns to gold. Well almost. Didn't really work with this digital TV or the floating of F1 shares, but anyway.