Paint Bottom Trim Of My TR Red ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Paint Bottom Trim Of My TR Red ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by tommyworld, Jul 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    I say paint it. One of the guys in the area did the same and I think it improves the look.

2. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Isn't that the fact!

In the last issue of Sports Car International they reported on the 612 Stilleto or whatever, and it was red and I thought it just made the car look horrible, if the shape alone didn't do that already. There is no depth in the pictures and everything blends together, you can't see any of the contouring. Better lighting choices could have helped though.

It's fun to say "Give us a Red Ferrari for our test" but any other color would have been better to introduce a car, except perhaps white. It's too "Polar-izing".......get it?

Best!
    Wes

3. staceman

staceman Karting

Sep 23, 2003
    At Home
    Full Name:
    SGT
    For what its worth here are three more angles taken last weekend at Road America. Personally I like it either way.

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Do it! I just got done having all the nasty black trim on my 348 painted, the rear engine cover, and the targa top. I like how it looks so much now, I still haven't taken the top off. The car will look soooooo much better once you have the nasty black painted. But as the others have said, you sould get yourself a set of 512tr rims for it. Don't listen to the purists. It's your car make it to your liking, I know I did.

5. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I wanna see I wanna see I wanna see!!!!!!!!!

POST PICS! ! ! ! ! ! !

Wes

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #56 Chiaro_Slag, Jul 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anyone know what kind of rims are on that TR? They look nice. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Does anyone have any pictures to show what is said here? I've never noticed this before.

Best!
    Wes

8. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Nice work Jim. That's fascinating, I've never noticed that. I can't say I know which I prefer. It seems the newer one is cleaner and almost sweeter? I find it surprising that they would make a change to the body lines on the upper half, you almost never see that. Usually once the die is cast, it's only the lower half that changes over the life of a car.

Thanks!
    Wes