Paint correction, ceramic coating & clear bra | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Paint correction, ceramic coating & clear bra

Discussion in '612/599' started by cgt000, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Randy I am on the road. I will look it up when I get back to town.

Good excuse to see the son. Belmont Shore is a lot of fun. I used to live there.

Note it is a 2 day process because they have to allow it to cure overnight.

randkin likes this.
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Yes I have heard exactly the same thing from several different shops which use the new product. My problem is I have a two cars with the old 3M or similar products so I have the paint damage problem to contend. But I agree the bra does significantly protect the paint from chips. Also the new products are not as prone to discoloring with UV from the sun or so I have been told but not so sure that is correct, time will tell as I have the new product on my wife's Cayenne.

RonH likes this.
  3. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Randy sorry, I tried to send a private message to you and for some reason it wont let me do it. So here is the message. Sorry to make it public but I dont really see the harm:

Randy, the guys are “Wise Guys Compete Auto Detailing”. The guy i dealt with was Sean Allen 714 222 8578.

I will tell you that the guy that came up with the idea of cleaning up my bra was my Ferrari mechanic. So he recommended me to these guys. I had no prior relationship and they ultimately did my 3 cars and I am very happy with the job and the pricing seemed reasonable. The only car that had the pre existing bra issue was the Ferrari. Neither of the other 2 have a bra.

However, before you go through the brain damage of coming to Orange County you may want to check out if any local Detailer’s do this. As i said this was my mechanics idea so i suspect it is not that uncommon in the Detailer world. But if i am wrong, these guys did a great job and as i said the bra now looks perfect, is invisible and hopefully lasts a long time. I think the ceramic coating really enhanced the bra in addition to the buffing cleaning up the swirls on the bra.

Good luck.

Ron

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Ron - Thank you for the information. Not sure why you could not PM me as I think my privacy is set lose to accept a PM but perhaps not?:confused:
    Anyway good thought about trying local detail shops on the buff out first be for going to Orange County. At my age I don't need any additional brain damage driving in LA and OC traffic already have have plenty from extensive traffic travel while in business.

RonH likes this.