Paint protection | FerrariChat

Paint protection

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by nerodino, Mar 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Hi, Anybody on here heard of this 'revolutionary' new paint protection scheme? www.gtechniq.com They are based in Kings Langley Herts.
    Thoughts/feedback appreciated,
    Thanks, G P
    p.s. take alook at the black Enzo under the "see perfect cars" heading on their site

2. Dave Z

Dave Z Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    In customers garages
    Full Name:
    Davie B
    We went down to g technic at the beginning of the year to have a good look at what they've got to offer and how it all works.
    They showed us a number of products , some of which we had tried before which had since been improved and then some new products.

The sealant which is being mentioned for arguements sake is like a modern day version of permguard / diamond brite ,AG life shine etc , although I must say it is a massive step forward from those types of products in as much as it doesn't go milky in direct heat as some some of those types of products can do.

It works both as a sealant and gives a synthetic shine which lasts upto about a year , we've tried it on its own and with the ZRoyale over the top.

You cant really fault it for what its designed to do and if someone was in the market for this type of finish then its definately the product we'd reccomend and apply for them.
    Rob and Janus who are Gtechnic uk are good lads , very skillfull in what they do , I'd trust them with one of my customers cars , and I dont say that about many.

My only critisism of it is that it doesn't give the depth of shine that you'd normally get with one of the high end carnauba waxes also I dont like how it feels on a car.
    If you've clayed the car off , it does take away that smooth to the touch finish.
    We have been using it a lot for the restoration of the Strad CF engine parts , its the sealant that we've been applying to help prevent the surface from going milky again , so in a way it has become an integral part of our service / products.
    However we aren't using it in our process for detailing cars , unless someone particularly asks for that type of product.

We've also been using their P1 machine compound , we find it very good for tackling deeper scratches where we need to focus a bit more effort on a particular spot of a panel, because it doesn't generate the heat that a normal compound does and it works by moving the surface of the paint around , you can pay a bit more attention to a deeper scratch than what you could do with a compound , without the risk of burning through or bubbling the paint. It does give a very good finish overall .

We've also tried their fabric sealant , this can be applied on seats , carpets , leather etc and i must say it is awesome , you can pour red wine over your seat after this has been applied and it just wipes off

Finally we've also tried their windscreen sealant , this is again a modern day version of the likes of rainx etc. its supposed to last about a year , this we cant prove yet but it is lasting a hell of a lot longer than the other products we've tried so it gets a thumbs up

So to sum up , a very professional outfit with very good products and IMO well worth the money , they do give a good level of finish and excellent protection but again IMO they are not quite as good for finish as combining the menzerna range with a high grade carnauba wax

3. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Dave, Thankyou for your unbiased and proffessional reply. Greatly appreciated, I am just about to get my Dino sprayed in Black and am looking at all routes re looking after it when completed.... it looks like i may be calling on your services!
    Kindest regards,
    Graham.