Paint question and possibly the worst day of my life....... | FerrariChat

Paint question and possibly the worst day of my life.......

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ferrarinascar, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just came back from a nice long ride in my F car, I come out of the Rite Aid right by my house and someone keyed the driver side of my 2000 F550. I am so f***** pissed!!!! I was in the store for two seconds.

It gets worse. Broke up with the GF yesterday. I need to drown my sorrows.

Any advice???

Does anyone know of a good place that can paint the side of my car or do something else to make it better.

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    kind of fishy that your car gets keyed the day after you break up with your GF.

3. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach

Sorry about your ride. I really feel your pain....I had the same thing happen to my new black 996 (keyed drivers side door) and it happened a week after I split with my gf (I thought I was going to marry her). It was the roughest time of my life but i got through it, one day at a time.

You would be surprised what can be buffed out by a good detailer. Anyhow dont worry, the worst case is that you repaint the keyed panel (at least you have an F-car..most people dream about that).

I am in newport so if you want to roll out with me any my friends just let me know, I know lots of chicks in the area.

Mike

4. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris

No, she didn't do it. Although the break up wasn't under the best of circumstances, she did say she still cared about me and wished me luck. Anyway, she isn't that type of person. It just wasn't working out.

I'm pretty sure it was some punk kid.

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    My condolences on both events.

My personal take on keying someone's car is that it is akin to walking up and stealing $1000-5000 right off of someone. Ruining property makes my conservative blood BOIL!

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    There are many good places. If you want to keep the car local, I take my cars to Autobahn in Costa Mesa. Abe's # is 714-641-1107.

7. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    That's what we all fear, sorry to hear that. Man, you just can't let these cars out of your sight.

There was a guy that posted on here a while back that claims to be the painter for FoOC. They sound good and are right by John Wayne.

Let us know how it works out for you?

8. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

9. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Sorry to hear. I'm sure everyone feels your pain. Personally I would contact Dave at Premier Motorsports located in Culver City, Tel. (310) 559-1564 They are a Ferrari ONLY collision shop and I believe they have a contract with FNA for F-cars that are damaged during transport. Their work is impeccable.

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hi Chris -

Sorry to hear about that. Time heals all wounds.

Nice to see another Irvine Ferrari guy. :)

11. RyanZX6R

RyanZX6R Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Riverside County
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Sorry about your car. That's just something you don't do. You don't mess with another man's car.

12. ferrariman605

ferrariman605 Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Thousand oaks
    Full Name:
    PJ Rizzuti
    sorry about your car man
    -PJ

13. s4dustin

s4dustin F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    sorry about the ride....what about cameras outside the business???/ Perhaps Rite aid got them on tape. I would be PISSED too....good and Pissed.....best wishes on the girlfriend part ....been there done that....stay busy..focus on yourself and try to have fun

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sorry to hear about that Chris, that has always been one of my dad's as well as myself's worst fear for the ferrari, I hope it all gets worked out.

15. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Yes, Macallen 12 over ice should do the trick.

PS- most of those places have cameras all over the place. Hurry and call them before they loop the tape. Maybe you can catch the simpleton that did it.

16. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I hate $#!T like that. My sympathies bro, on both accounts.

17. Campione

Campione Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    TürkiyE
    Full Name:
    JeMK
    That's some great advice. A spot close to a camera would be a good thing to keep an eye out for when you park ;)

18. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    See if Rite aid indeed had a camera so you can find the punk and gut him like a fish. Lowest form of pond scum for sure. Sympathies!