Palm Beach Condominiums | FerrariChat

Palm Beach Condominiums

Discussion in 'Florida' started by MVDESQ, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a real estate agent experienced with Town of Palm Beach condominiums?

My mother (late 60’s) is considering buying an ocean front condominium on S Ocean Blvd and would like to deal with someone familiar with the pros and cons and inside scoop on the buildings.

Any insight on these many buildings that anyone has here would be helpful.

Does anyone know exactly where Palm Beach turns into South Palm Beach?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    PM coming your way.

3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I too live in miami beach and would love some info on condos near worth ave. We go up there alot and all the buildings I see are really old, are there any newer/modern buildings close to worth ave? If so I'd be interested, if there isn't I definitely would like to know which buildings are the best. Are there any beach service buildings there? My condo here in miami is oceanfront and I walk down and they have chairs and free sodas/water for us, love the perk.

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Palm beach is a beautiful place but the condos are generally very old. There is one newer building on beach in South Palm Beach (Might be Manalpan) called Bellagio that is pretty new and very nice. The Bristol which is right over the bridge is under construction. It will be a premier building but it is on the intercoastal really in West Palm Beach but they're saying it will have a Palm Beach address (go figure). Pricing is steep at 5M to start I'm told. The problem as I see it with these older condo buildings is the recurrent HOA assessments to fix this or refurbish that etc. It can get pretty costly. There's a nice complex called "Sloan's Curve" that while a little older has a modern feel with higher ceilings etc. I would look into that complex if you want beachfront. Be prepared to pay for that "perk" though.

bball16 likes this.
  5. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Thanks for the info I will check those out. We always just drive down for the day, but I would love to have a place up there walking distance to worth ave. The drive is fun but its exhausting from south beach. I want something newer bc of the lack of assessments + I hate the window setups in older buildings, I like floor to ceiling windows. I just never got around to looking at condos with a realtor but I will call someone and mention the things you said. Thanks again

ps I googled bellagio palm beach/manalpan for sale and found nothing....

6. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Whichever building you consider, be sure to ask about beach and seawall erosion risks in South Palm Beach, and traffic diversions and patterns when President Trump is visiting Mar a Lago. No doubt the area is a special place to visit or live.

7. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Ok. Now we are starting to get a bit of information. However I am still not clear where Town of Palm Beach ends at the southern end. I know the post office in many places has weird likes that don’t always run with the real legal town boundaries. Parts of Scarsdale NY are not really in Scarsdale. Just like Beverly Hills and Greenwich have some weird PO addresses that are not really in the legal municipal limits.

I did see a nice one that mentioned foreclosure (needed a ton of work) but clearly disclosed in the listing the buyer takes subject to pending (not specified) assessments. I have a feeling the buildings being from mid 70’s to early 80’s they need roofs etc. this sea wall thing on the other hand is a lot more serious and costly and could be the issue.

This is why I am seeking an experienced local agent who knows the real deal and dirt. I’d rather not just start cold calling agencies for a run around.

8. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    The bulk of condos in Palm Beach are south of Sloan’s Curve, and extends down to South Palm Beach with Lantana to the West. The more exclusive, more limited and thus expensive condos are in town, from Worth Ave up to around Royal Palm Way. There are also a few condos scattered about, the largest north of Flagler Museum and north of Breakers Hotel.

We moved from backcountry Greenwich in 2011, considered condos on Singer Island, West Palm Beach and PB before deciding on a house instead. As for brokers, there are so many to choose, but I’ll PM you name of broker who also used to live in backcountry Greenwich and knows PB. Are you thinking seasonal or full time living in Florida?

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    South Palm Beach is tiny, it is just north of E. Ocean Avenue and ends about a half mile north of there. I PM'ed you the name of a condo agent who deals exclusively in that area, I would give her a call.

10. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Yes, I've always found it strange that the handful of buildings in SPB share PB's zip code (33480).

11. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    There is a new beachfront condo building under construction at 3550 South Ocean Boulevard in South Palm Beach. I believe it will contain 23 two or three bedroom units, all with floor to ceiling windows. It will be finished early next year. Prices range from around $2M to $6M. Personally, I feel it is overpriced for the location.

12. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    The southern end of the Town of Palm Beach is at 3500 South Ocean Boulevard.

13. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Thank you.

14. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Sloan' Curve is beautiful. My aunt lived there for years and when she moved out about 6 years ago I looked into buying there. The problem was the monthly HOA, at the time they were $2k plus.

15. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    So true. The HOA fee on some of these condos is ridiculous. You have to hate money :)