Panerai strap adjust | FerrariChat

Panerai strap adjust

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by vjd3, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Forgive the newbie question, but I have a Panerai 42mm 537 that I love but the strap is perfectly "in-between" sizes for me, it's either too loose or too tight. It has a tang buckle on it but there's no way to make a fine adjustment in length.

Is there a more adjustable option out there? I can't tell if the deployant buckle would make any difference. Or an aftermarket option that might work?

2. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Just to be a bit clearer ... my Breitling, for example, has two holes on the clasp so you can move the pin to make a slight adjustment in the length for a better fit -- kind of an "in-between" adjustment. Have not been able to find something similar for a Panerai buckle but I can't be the only person whose wrist is not quite the right size for the holes in the strap. I guess I could just eat lunch at Five Guys every day for a few weeks to fatten my wrist up but ...

3. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Someone with the right punch can put another hole in between but it is never going to look as good as the ones done during manufacture. If you go this route make sure it's being done with a punch not just a sharp awl.