Park City (move/semi move?) | FerrariChat

Park City (move/semi move?)

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Qksilver, Mar 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hello Rocky Mountain FChatters,

My wife and I are considering a move of some sort to Park City. It would most likely be in the form of a second home in the area (ideally old town), however we may spend a year or so there before splitting time between there and the East Coast.

For those of you in the PC area:
    • How do you like living there?
    • Is there a "local vs transplant" war (my wife and I are really nice, I swear!) ?
    • Is there a car culture in the Park City/SLC region?
    • What's driving season like (and when do the roads get cleaned up post-winter)?
    • I imagine there are some great routes in that part of the country?
    Just getting familiar with the area before engaging a realtor and scheduling another trip out to look at real estate. As I mentioned, being in town is appealing to us, but curious what others think about best places to be between the Canyons and Deer Valley.

-Joe

sherpa23 likes this.
  2. Hightower

Hightower Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2016
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I moved to Oakley and now Kamas area, just east of Park City in 2005 from Milwaukee. I grew up in WI, east of Madison, so no I'm not LDS. If you're moving here and want to live in a mountain-feeling town, Park City is pretty stellar. I'm just 25 min away (powder skiing). I've been blessed to have friends all over the income spectrum from ski bum to living in The Colony (look it up). The outdoors is what brought most of us to this area, unless you're a convert. The state is friendly but not midwestern friendly, yet there are lots of us transplants in PC and SLC areas to mingle with (ski, bull%#$t, drink a beer, go on drives, etc.). There is also Park City Cars n Coffee on the 3rd Sunday of the month (yep...Sunday...you can guess the vibe). Good luck with your decision and feel free to reach out.

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lived in Utah my whole life.

There is a decent car scene here in Utah. You will be surprised.

Driving season really begins in may when the snow finally stops. (It supposed to snow all week here in April)

There are some amazing drives up and around park City. If you ever want to go for a amazing drive I can guide you on some amazing scenic drives.

the food scene in Utah is growing and it is better than ever. However, utah LOVES chain restaurants. Like, LOVES them. But we also have a great foodie scene for local eats.

4. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you! Great to hear you're still going strong out there.

Looks like you guys had some serious snow this week. Amazing the swings in weather there the last month. Would love to know the drives you'd suggest - mind messaging me with a few notes on that?

schumacherf2006 likes this.
  5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wife and I are heading to PC the week after July 4th to check out some properties. Looking forward to it!

6. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You bet!!

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Circling back on this, my wife and I will be making the move to Old Town in Feb (temporarily but open-ended at the moment). Thanks for the PMs and guidance from those who ping'd me.

-Joe

8. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Be sure to check out the Ferrari club of America, Utah chapter. We're active, and we have a lot of fun, Even in the off season. We tend to enjoy scenic drives, social get together, charitable events, etc.

Find us on Facebook, or shoot me a direct message. Or the Ferrari dealer in salt lake is very supportive as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Qksilver likes this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    A few years ago, a buddy and I took a trip from SFO to the northern California coast and then over to Park City. The change in wait staff was stunning. Not only were the Park City waitresses friendly, there were no visible piercings or tattoos!