parker hall, a vanishing breed | FerrariChat

parker hall, a vanishing breed

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by lukek, May 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    They do not make gents like that anymore. I ordered paint from him to recondition my old V12's jack, and it essentially arrived with no fizz....press and nothing...
    After I called, he did not even ask me to return the old one, and just sent me two brand new ones, just to make sure that one fires. He wrote a nice note on a postcard depicting a 250 Breadvan. Is that customer service, or what?
    Btw, he also sells stickers, and has a nice catalogue with all the little details to make a vintage ferrari concours correct. Just got the ignition coil stickers and the Barcolem one for my battery. Contact info for him is under "suppliers" on tomyang.net, btw.
    I am not related to the guy (one look at my slavic features, and one listen to his mississippi accent will reassure all), nor am I on commission, but this level of customer service no longer happens in a world of mega corporations and call centers in 3rd world countries.
    Amen.

2. dgrperformance

dgrperformance Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2005
    Oceanside, CA
    I to would like to chime in and say what a gentleman Parker is to deal with. I ran into a brick wall while doing a restoration on my personal car with some decals and stickers that I wanted for that finishing touch and since it's not a Lusso or a Daytona they had not been done yet. I packaged up the samples I had a sent them off to him to see what he could do and after some time and multiple updates to let me know where things were and the ETA. I received a package with all the decals I had sent him along with several perfect copies of each and no excuses. It's to bad Parker is not in the parts business, I would be happy to spend more money with him.

3. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Good to hear. Thanks for the info.

4. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I can not agree more, Parker was the source for many of the little bits that propelled my 330GT into several platinum awards. Every purchase was a window into his world of gracious, personal attention. Last year I watched him judge on the lawn at Pebble. Listening to him from the sidelines was a graduate course in observation, patient inquiry and professionalism. He is the tops. Michael Bayer 330GT #9727, 365GTC/4 #14947

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

So you all don't have to dig around for him.

Kilimanjaro Designs, Ltd.
    Parker Hall
    940 Warrenton Rd.
    Vicksburg, MS 39180
    (601) 638-7856

Guys, is this contact information correct?

DM

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I've been buying from Parker from ages, the original old timer and innovator that is motivated to keep these cars on the raod and at shows.

Most of the stickers you see selling on Ebay sure look like they came from him...

PS - when is going to get an email addy?
    =)

7. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Parker's a real old time Southern gentleman, a pleasure to talk to and deal with. I'm 50% Mississippian...know his dying breed well.

8. Dave330gtc

Dave330gtc Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2002
    NW Indiana
    Full Name:
    David Smith
    I have had nothing but positive dealings with him and would give him my highest recommendation. He is very knowledgable on vintage Ferrari.

9. mibi

mibi Karting

Apr 20, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Michael
    +++1 on parker. just did a transaction- sent me the stuff and said " send a check after you receive it!"

10. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Parker has been a friend of mine for decades, and his knowledge has been the guideline for proper detail for all. Jim

11. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Look for Parker's stand at Cavallino every January and Concorso Italiano in Monterey in August.

You'll be amazed at the breadth of his offerings.

Call him during normal business hours (Central time) and he'll be glad to mail you a catalog, though it doesn't have show everything he has available. I didn't know that he had paint for a jack until this thread!

12. Simon1965

Simon1965 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2011
    HKSAR
    Full Name:
    Simon
    a fantastic guy - I have sourced a few items from him for my 330 tool kit - one of a kind

13. AEX31

AEX31 Rookie

May 8, 2008
    Sweden
    Hi,

Does enybody know if Parker Hall is still trading? I have tried to contact him without any success. Maybe just away on Holiday I guess but would appreciate to hear if anybody knows.

Kind regards

Jonas

14. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I had him return a call 5 or 6 months back and ordered some AEC103A dinoplex data plates. Never received them. I just let it go.

15. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I believe he is still doing business. He is on the Vendor List to be at Automobilia Monterey during "car week" later this month.

peterp likes this.
  16. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I just purchased some parts from him several weeks ago and they arrived. I have talked to him by phone in the evenings and via email no problem.

17. AEX31

AEX31 Rookie

May 8, 2008
    Sweden
    Thanks for the info. The details I have for him might just be out of date i guess.

Could I please ask what telephone number and/or email address you have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

18. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Spoke with him on the phone couple of weeks ago. He called me back to confirm some details regarding my order I had emailed few(?) of days earlier. Received everything along with the invoice about a week later.
    I hope/expect to see him in Monterey in few weeks and will likely again ask if/when he'll correct some (small) detail mistakes on few of his products I've been complaining about for years now. :rolleyes:
    Other than that, a great guy I like to consider as a friend. :)

P.S. Jonas, I sent you PM.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I first met Parker at the 1992 FCA annual meet in Grand Rapids, MI. Talk about a wealth of knowledge!

of2worlds likes this.
  20. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob

email - [email protected]
    phone - 601-994-4619

Rob

21. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Parker does a great job......pure gentleman!

lgs, peterp, Lusso123 and 1 other person like this.
  22. trpdds

trpdds Rookie

Apr 16, 2011
    Alamo,CA
    Full Name:
    Timothy Reid Pearson
    Parker Hall is a truly wonderful man and a treasure for vintage Ferrari collectors! I flew out to Vicksburg, circa 1999 to check out his series II cab with Patrick Ottis. He and his wife welcomed us into their home and we had a grand time listening to his and Patrick's reminiscences regarding cars and characters of the Ferrari world. It was spellbinding to a novice such as myself. I had to pass on his beautiful cabriolet for financial reasons, but will always remember his graciousness and kindness. Tim Pearson

375+ likes this.
  23. mechaniker

mechaniker Formula Junior
    Owner

May 30, 2004
    Germany
    I know Parker since he judged our car at the 70th Anniversary in Maranello. He truly is very helpful and delivered best stickers, decals and parts so far. He answered all my questions about details on Vintage Ferraris.

He is one of the best, imho!