Parking in Manhatten | FerrariChat

Parking in Manhatten

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by sers, Jun 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sers

sers Rookie

Feb 23, 2004
    Ottawa
    Hi all,

First off I'm not a Ferrari owner, but need some input from those that own exotic cars in and around NYC. I own an Acura NSX that I will be driving down to NYC with my wife in September to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We'll be staying for 3 nights at a hotel on Broadway and 49 West St. I'm looking for a safe place to park the NSX while we are there. I will not be driving the car while I'm there, rather I just want to park it, leave it there for 3 days, then pick it up and drive back home on the last day.

I've asked the same question on NSX Prime and got some suggestions, including parking across Maddisson Square Gardens at a park and lock owned by Parkwhiz. Some say they've parked their cars there without any issues and have seen other exotics in there. Most said not to drive the car in NYC as the roads are just too awful for any exotic. I have also received some kind offers to leave the car at NSX Prime members' homes for the duration of our stay.

Do you have any suggestions for safe parking in NYC? I would prefer not to inconvenience people by leaving my car at their house, but if you think that is a better option than parking in NYC, then I may take them up on that offer.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. philt68

philt68 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    new york city
    i drive (and park) my dino regularly in manhattan-you just have to keep an eye out for potholes...you could try the public parking on essex and delancey (it's covered) i parked my dino there for years (under a cover, of course!)

3. Jms15

Jms15 Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    manhattan
    A lot of garages will charge extra to keep your car on the main floor (and not jam it in by putting it on one of the lower levels (if you have ever seen how they pack hem in, it's pretty amazing). Hard to say which garages are better than others but I would not go to one of the park and locks where people can roam unattended. As for the streets, I blew out two tires once on my 996 on a pothole (more of a sinkhole) but that's the only issue I've had living in the city for 15 years with various cars.

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Park in the basement of the Palm Restaurant at 250 West 50th Street. The lot is new, clean and the guys are very careful. Always nice cars in there some live there. It is pricey but worth it.

5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Honestly? Leave the car at home and rent. You'll enjoy yourself a whole lot more.

I don't even like taking my Suburban into NYC and I live a couple of miles away.

If you have to do this don't come in through the Lincoln Tunnel as the NYC side is immediately horrendous. The GW and West Side highway are much better. But it's still NYC.

I don't know who would garage your car outside of NYC so that you could then take public transportation into NYC.

Buena Fortuna.

6. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    DRIVE your car to Manhattan and park it in one of the numerous underground secured parking garages. Contact your hotel and ask them for some recommendations. The garages in NYC are FILLED with exotic and expensive cars. Including mine.

7. Tostapchuk

Tostapchuk Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    TJO
    Although I haven't had my Ferrari in Manhattan as of yet, I do ride my BMW R1200GS Adventure in regularly... Aside from watching out for potholes, you should be fine. The cabbies like to get close to other cars, but they know how to operate in close confines. If you're staying in a reputable "Upmarket" hotel, they should have some sort of parking... It won't be cheap, but it should be fine for your Acura. Otherwise, call their concierge and ask them for recommendations for "Exotic Car" parking. There are plenty of them located in Manhattan, so they must be parked somewhere. Good luck!

8. gomes45

gomes45 Rookie

Sep 13, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Full Name:
    Gomes Cherry
    For safe parking in NYC, you can contact a professional car parking organization to park your car in NYC.

9. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Any recommendations in the Upper East Side? My current garage does not want to take my 458 anymore...painful

thanks!

10. 04 360 spyder

04 360 spyder Karting

Aug 22, 2011
    long Island
    Why? Are you the guy that ran over that cops foot? LOL

11. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    880 Fifth Ave at 69th Street. Great attendants, no kids, they treat cars with respect.

Joe

12. tocho

tocho Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    Thats would be perfect! thanks!!! (i.e. the guy is nervous about the car blah blah blah...no idea frankly but need to move the car out by the end of the week)

13. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    They park my cars next to a Rolls.

Joe

14. Billy10mm

Billy10mm Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Westchester
    Full Name:
    Billy Ng
    What you don't know is that he's an F-Chat member who came across this thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381966

He's had 2mph repair-bill nightmares ever since.