Parking your Ferrari in public places | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Parking your Ferrari in public places

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Santini, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    dave what model ferrari do you own.

2. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    mark one day when you buy an expensive ferrari you will learn tolerance

3. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    that's true, they just rob it!

4. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I read somewhere that mob guys can park the nicest car in the worst neighborhood and no one will dare touch it. The local kids think no one can possibly be that stupid so they must have the muscle in order to be that brazen.

5. JSMDMD

JSMDMD Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Geez.... I thought I had moved into a nice neighborhood!
    Now I have to worry about the Mob??
    Good thing I didn't touch the Maybach.... ;)

6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    take the wife she can do the shopping while you sit in youre ferrari basking in the attention

7. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    you should never park a ferrari just drive it, only stopping for fuel.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,in this perspective,I guess that I am lucky. I am legally Disabled,and have Disabled Parking privelges. (I have almost as much Steel in my body as my Ferrari! 3-Plates, 10-Screws, 6-Wires,2-Rods. These are all in my Neck,Back and Right Femur. From several Car accidents,one where I broke my neck in 2 places. And getting Run over by a Bus on a motorcycle,22 years ago.(Ouch!!!!)). Needless to say,living in the Cold Midwest,I have severe Arthritis from all of that Sh*t. And,occassionally,do need to use my cane to walk.

So,I do have a Disabled Parking Placard. Although,being a realatively Young guy,44,I only use it when I'm really hurting. As,I avoid taking Pain meds when I'm driving. (One of the guys who plowed into my rear end at 60 MPH while I was stopped was taking Medicine that makes people Drowsy,and labeled as "Avoid Driving when using" He didn't.) Otherwise I try to get the extra exercise. But,I do own a Ferrari,and if there are plenty of Handicap spaces,I'll park it there. I really don't feel the need to have to explain it to anybody. But,I'm not gonna take the last spot,unless totally necessary

But,ofcourse,the couple times that I actually did park my Ferrari in a Disabled spot. I immediately had some schmuck start blowing me some sh*t about it. All I had to do was to show him some of my huge scars,and he shut up. Another time,it was during a weekly Cruise Night in a local town. A guy runs up and says,"You really better be disabled to park here" (there were 5 disabled spots,and I was in 1 of them,the rest were open) Or,the Cops will tow you". I said "What? You think I'm a Moron or something? No they won't. I'm legal. Nothing to worry about". And,another time,I just wasn't in the mood,so I just said,"What? A Disabled Person can't own a Ferrari? Why not? You think that I should be in a little Orange School Bus or Something? Besides. I really don't have to explain anything to you."

So,I don't do it on a regular basis. But,if I want to I can. But,ofcourse,it kind of does look strange.Seeing a Red Ferrari in a Handicapped Parking Spot with a Blue Card hanging from the mirror. But,hey. Life is too short. And,while I still can,I'm gonna drive my Ferrari. Someday,I may not be able to bend,and get in and out of this thing...kind of hard,now,sometimes.....:(

9. bustedknuckle1

Feb 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Frank Mummolo
    Interesting point you make, Steve, about de-evolving. I have an (elderly) British friend who has lived in the US for over 40 years and he once said to me, "Frank, there is still one thing about the U.S. I fail to understand, even after all these years. How did you manage to go from barbarism to decadence without ever having passed through civilization?" He may have a point!

10. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I had my Ferrari keyed, too. Almost every panel, in the work parking lot. How hard would it be to install a little camera? Flash memory is cheap. You could just erase the last 15 minutes of snapshots from a wide angle lens if the motion detector did not go off. The whole installation could maybe move from car to car, plugged into cigarette socket for power. Parking next to a wiFi station and feeding the footage to your work computer would make for an ultimate CAR NANNIE CAM !!!!
    :)

I got to get out of high tech....Or call the X10 people with my invention, spam them back some..

luke

11. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Frank,

I can relate to everything you've said. I'm also a proud member of the Disabled Drivers of Ferrari's Club due to a stroke 12/01. When I was finally able to move my right arm well enough to shift, it was just about the happiest day of my life. I call the Mondial my "Italian Therapy". :)

Take care.
    Tom

12. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I am in total agreement and also, very well written. A few friends of mine have discussed 'the dumbing down of America', on several occasions. A very sad state of affairs.

13. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Wow. This thread has taken on a life of its own. :D

When I finally get my own Ferrari I'll probably park it the same way I do my current vehicle (which ain' no Ferrari but I love it just the same): I try to park next to other vehicles which are in good condition and obviously well taken care of by their owners. If they take care of their vehicle then they most likely will be careful not to damage mine. If you park next to some junk heap that hasn't been washed in 10 years then chances are they won't think twice about slamming their door into your car.

And folks who take up two or more parking spaces for their "precious" car are just begging for some sort of retaliation. ;)

14. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    You're not kidding. The same can be said for the kids in my neck of the woods. But there is hope. What ever their parents don't teach them, rest assured that life will. And when life teaches you a lesson, it will be brutal and you won't forget it.

15. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You're wrong. It's two words: NO CLASS!!!!!

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Good point. One time at 7-11, I parked my then brand new Porsche Cabriolet next to a crumbling rusted heap. As I gingerly opened my door, the owner of the heap had the nerve to say, "careful buddy, don't hit my car!" I didn't say anything but felt like saying "oh yeh, I wouldn't want to scratch YOUR car" LOL

17. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Luke,

I hope it wasn't the 250 GTE that got keyed!

Art S. 7919

18. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Originally Posted by MarkG
    "some of the dickholes that own ferraris park in the handicaped spot"

yup - gave one these guys a $500 ticket once; said he didn't want to get his car scratched when he parked it.....

From Tom:
    mark one day when you buy an expensive ferrari you will learn tolerance

o.k. Tom, so it's o.k. for a wheelcahir bound person to have to cross a parking lot so some guy in an "expensive ferrari" can park in the handicap zone???????

no wonder people hate Ferrari owners..........

19. richanton

richanton Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I was coming out of Shore Club on South Beach a while back and saw some drunk girl lay across the hood of a 360 spider parked in front while some dork took her picture. She was squirming around on the hood and had her heels up on the fenders and everything. The valets didn't say a thing. That is why I don't take my car when I go out a night.

20. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    See thats just wrong. The least they can do is ask her to take her clothes off if they wont just say "do NOT get on there unless its yours" (kind of like the "is it yours?"... 'no.. is it yours?'... "Yes, get the f*ck off my ferrari" convo), if its not theirs either ASK the person that owns it or stay the f*ck away or admire but dont touch.
    Gagan